warehouse sw cannot access file stored at NAS326

Options
LadisFidoks
LadisFidoks Posts: 3
First Comment
edited June 2023 in Personal Cloud Storage

Hello, I placed a database file for our warehouse system in my NAS326. Before that the database file was placed at our SBS server and everything worked fine. After moving of the database to NAS326 the software cannot find the file any more. I changed database file address in INI file of the warehouse software with "\\NAS326\Admin\..\database.gdb" but doesnt work. I tried to map the directory at a local PC with installed warehouse sw as a map disk Z:, neither that work. The software cannot find the file at NAS326 disk. Any help? (WIN11, NAS326 has IP binded to its MAC)

All Replies

• LadisFidoks
    LadisFidoks Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited June 2023
    Options

Just one addition: when I put mapped address or the full \\NAS326\admin\..\ address to explorer the file is visible. Doesnt ask for any access credential.

• LadisFidoks
    Options

So after consultation with producer of the software I got hte information that in fact NAS is not suitable for this kind of operation since it doesnt have write/read in-file software. It only act as a storage therefore it only can read, write and re-write hole files….

• okimarukas
    okimarukas Posts: 87  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

You can configure the access rights for your NAS shared folders by navigating to Control Panel -> Privilege and Sharing -> Shared Folders. From there, you can modify the rights for users.

If you have successfully mapped the NAS to your laptop, you can use the file path to open the file on your Windows system.

However, if the software is unable to locate the file on the NAS326 disk, it suggests a potential compatibility issue between the software and the NAS.

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,613  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

@LadisFidoks You could try NFS instead of Samba. AFAIK both the NAS and Windows 11 support that.

Consumer Product Help Center