First Comment

I will return your product, it's absolute shit, buy Unifi instead

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,670  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Köttorp,

Could you share what problem did you face? And what function did you think our product did not work well?

Additionally, please do not against our community guidelines "Be kind and courteous".

Zyxel Melen

• Köttorp
    Köttorp Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I compare to my unifi and its about half distance compared to the signal of Unifi.

Since I live in Sweden I want to use the letters ÅÄÖ in the network wifi name but its not possible.

Unifi menu compared to yours is much easier and user friendly.

will send it back and pay more for Unifi its well worth it for me.

Thank you very much

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 136  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    Options

Unfi is a great system but for business applications I have found the ZyXel products to be superior especially on very large projects. UniFi is fine for home and small office.

• Zulgrib
    Zulgrib Posts: 27  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

You don't wait 30 minutes for a new SSID to appear on site using Unifi. This cause needless frustration for end customers for Nebula to be slow.

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 136  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    Options

I manage 615 Nebula devices, and I can vouch changes take just a few moments. I can't explain why you are seeing slow issues in your environment :-(

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 949  Zyxel Employee
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @Köttorp ,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your input and would like to address your concerns:

1. Could you please specify which Zyxel AP and which Unifi AP you used for your comparison regarding signal strength? This information will help us understand the situation better.
    2. We understand the necessity of being able to use other languages in the SSID name for some users. We want to assure you that this feature is listed on our roadmap. We will evaluate it carefully and aim to implement it in the future.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @Zulgrib ,

Regarding the time it takes for a new SSID to appear, normally configurations should take no longer than 3 minutes. Therefore, the SSID should appear on your WiFi available list within 3 minutes from the time you create the SSID.

Do you remember the specific time when you faced this issue? This will help us check if there were any issues with our servers at that time.

• Zulgrib
    Zulgrib Posts: 27  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

@Zyxel_Judy & @Pook

I manage most Zyxel device "by hand" and not over Nebula, My experience with slow AP configuration update comes with tests using wax620d-6e exclusively. At boot they are slow to resync with the service (as seen with the LED color codes and appearing offline in Nebula). Being slow to link back after a reboot is consistent, I can replicate it by disabling PoE, wait a minute and give PoE back to the AP. This is the part where it takes up to 30 minutes.

Once they are linked back, configuration update can be slow but not as slow as the post-reboot link. Changes can appear within a minute, or up to 15 minutes later.

I did my last config changes about a month ago and didn't touch the configuration since, but for the sake of verification I rebooted one of the AP at 21:47 local time, it took 9 minutes to appear again in Nebula, compared to competitors taking less than a minute to appear back in their management console and be ready to serve customers. I'm not able to modify customer's SSID settings until they have an event that require an event specific SSID. I'll have to setup my NFR and test at lab.

My message was mostly to share I understand @Köttorp 's frustration as I see my own customers having the same expectations. They will question the delay and forget advanced features are not available or incomplete in popular entry level competitors products just because of this delay.

Once booted, linked and config in sync, they are rock solid and I receive 0 complains, we had mobile gaming tournament with these deployed and the latency was very low as expected. (And most importantly better than previous competitor at that place)

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @Köttorp ,

We have compared Zyxel and Unifi APs with the same position (geography location) and same market level. The test results show the Zyxel APs have better performance than Unify AP. The full test results, along with detailed information about the AP and client locations, can be found in the attached images.

It's possible that the issue you encountered is due to using an advanced model of Unifi AP, which may have a higher market level.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @Zulgrib ,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We haven't received any feedback about slow AP configuration about 30 minutes or 9 minutes. Upon replicating your case with the NAX620D-6E, we found that it took around 3 minutes for the boot process to complete, and the online status appeared on Nebula.

You encountered the slow AP configuration issue, it might be related to your network configuration. We recommend checking your network settings to ensure everything is in order.

To further investigate and provide assistance, we can also check the logs to identify the root cause. Please provide the organization/site name and enable Zyxel support by going to Help (On the top of right) > Support Request > Zyxel support Access to enable and save.

Nebula Tips & Tricks