NR5103E - HOW TO CHECK NR CONTRIBUTION TO UPLINK PERFORMANCES?

Options
lucapagliuca
lucapagliuca Posts: 13
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hi everyone,

I am at the edge of a 5G cell with RSRP-NSA around -107 dBm (N78 band).

The NR5103E shows that both LTE (primary/anchor) and NR bands are being aggregated, hence supposedly contributing to uplink performances… unfortunately it seems that NR is not adding value as uplink performances remain the same when I turn 5G N78 band off!

Question: is there any way to measure 5G contribution to uplink performances? Why UL CA is shown even if performances show the opposite?

Thanks!

All Replies

• lucapagliuca
    Options
  • LLW
    LLW Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

What do the blue lights mean?

• Bob_C
    Bob_C Posts: 170  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi lucapagliuca,

I don't have a better way to measure how much the NR cell contributes to uplink throughput than your way (compare the speed with and without N78 connection).

But as you mentioned, N78's RSRP is -107 dBm, meaning that you're at the edge of the cell. Uplink speed is more vulnerable to signal variation than downlink speed because uplink works from end device to base station, and end device has relatively limited power to boost as compensation if the signal degrades.

I'd suggest to align it to the base station again, try to find the optimal alignment. For example, switch the device a bit, check if the signal is better. Also, try to locate it at different spot of the building, see if the signal becomes better.

Regards,

Bob

Consumer Product Help Center