Unable to set Timezone - nas326 V5.21(AAZF.16)

Options
NathanS
NathanS Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment

With the latest firmware, I'm seeing a bug where I cannot change the timezone from UTC+8(Taipei). You can change it but apply will flip it back. I'm suspecting this may be whats breaking SMB authentication

All Replies

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 73  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

After changing the settings on the timezone, SSH into the device and type the command 'date'. What is the result? If it remains the same, it may indicate an issue with the NAS. If it changes, it could be due to browser cache.

• NathanS
    Options

It persists in UTC+8. I can't ssh accepting pubkey rsa and dss only, no password/ed25519 and copying my key over to /root/authorized.keys didn't work and disappeared on reboot)

/etc/localtime is a link to /etc/myMyZone and not /usr/share/zoneinfo/… as in a normal distro.
    timedatectl I believe should be able to write this file but it's not present.

• NathanS
    edited February 15
    Options

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 73  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

im not sure about the cause of this kind of issue, maybe command not being available to change the timezone. it's possible that performing a reset to restore the settings could be helpful in resolving the issue.

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,610  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

copying my key over to /root/authorized.keys didn't work and disappeared on reboot)

The /root directory is located in the initrd, and so it's empty on each boot.

/etc/localtime is a link to /etc/myMyZone and not /usr/share/zoneinfo/… as in a normal distro.
    timedatectl I believe should be able to write this file but it's not present.

As you already guessed this is not a normal distro. It's an embedded one with severe space constraints (everything has to fit in 128MB). The file /etc/myMyZone is generated on boot by some firmware daemon. (It has to be generated, /etc is also in initrd). Well, maybe it's not generated, and are you looking to a default one which had to be overwritten. In that case it could be caused by a corrupted setting file, and could @suisei 's advice work.

Consumer Product Help Center