NSA 325 v2: How can I find out on which hdd the NAS-system is installed?

Options
myZyxel
myZyxel Posts: 19  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments

I have installed two 4TB hdds in my NSA 325 and would like to disassemble one of the drives, because I need it in another system.

How can I discover on which of the two hdds the operating-system files for the NSA-325 are installed or is that something I don't have to care about?

Thanks a lot for helping.

All Replies

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 73  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

You can find it out by checking the status on web GUI.
    And check if the RAID is configured on your NAS. If RAID is not configured, likely, each disk operates independently, meaning the operating system files could potentially be on either disk.

Always remember to handle disks with care and ensure that you have proper backups of your data before attempting any disk removal or manipulation.

• myZyxel
    myZyxel Posts: 19  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options

Thanks susei.

I don't have RAID configured but JBOD. Where exactly can I check the status in the web GUI to find out on which drive the operating system files are located?

I find it very anoying to have a 50-50 chance to choose the wrong drive and loose data. Why are these files not stored on the NAS instead but on the data-drives?

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 73  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Since you are using JBOD, the two disks are completely separate and will not interfere with each other.
    To check the usage of each disk, you may need to SSH into the device as root and use the command "df" after logging in as root.

The password required may be your admin password.

Consumer Product Help Center