Is there a way to migrate users and shares from NAS320 to NAS542?

Options

I have found the configuration by connecting as root to both devices and I have already tried recreating /etc/samba/smb.conf, /etc/samba/smbpasswd, /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group but they are reset after a reboot.

Is there a way to make the config persist or any other way to sync the users and shares between the two devices?

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,610  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Al files/directories in /etc/ are on a ramdrive (with exception of the contents of /etc/zyxel/, which is a flash partition), and so volatile.

A NAS320 doesn't exist. At least not from ZyXEL. Do you mean an NSA320 or an NAS326? In the latter case I think you can copy /etc/zyxel/ugs_conf.db, which contains user and shares configuration. It's a text file containing database commands, you may have to edit it to change the volume name containing the shares.

When it's an NSA320 I don't know if that ugs_conf.db file exists, and is compatible. But you can have a look.

• parapente
    parapente Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Thank you Mijzelf for the answer. Indeed it is a NSA320S nas storage and unfortunately it doesn't have a ugs_conf.db file that I can use.

Consumer Product Help Center