Server problems, firmware update?

w8rn8r
w8rn8r Posts: 16  Freshman Member
First Comment Fifth Anniversary

A few days ago, a firmware update was offered to me (two WSQ60 and one WSQ20). At that time, I wasn't able to proceed right away. Now that I have some more time available, my Multy app isn't able to connect to the server; for a quick moment, my devices are showing, but then they disappear and there's an error message about the connection being broken.

Is there a problem with the Zyxel server, at present?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,270  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Sales Associate 50 Answers 1000 Comments

Hi @w8rn8r

Which Multy APP version are you currently using?
    It should not have any new firmware upgrade notification of the device firmware.
    If there is any update of the Multy APP, you can go to the APP store or Google Play Store and update to the latest Multy APP version.

The WSQ60 and WSQ20 are EOL model, for more information of the EOL model, please refer to the URL below:

https://webservice.zyxel.com/end-of-life

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

• w8rn8r

That leaves the question about the server unanswered - as of right now (Monday, 12:24 CET), it is still not acting normally.

• w8rn8r

a side note: Multy X devices are still being sold in Germany. How does that line up with that end of life status?

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 108  Ally Member
    First Comment First Answer Friend Collector First Anniversary

Hi @w8rn8r
    Multy X WSQ50 is not end of life yet.

As you mentioned in the first article, the model are WSQ60 and one WSQ20.
    To refer more information, please refer to the post below

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Sales Associate 50 Answers 1000 Comments

Hi @w8rn8r @suisei

The Multy X is not end-of-life yet. Please refer to the EOL model list for more details.

To clarify your issue,
    Does your Multy APP still not available to connect to the server?
    Could you help to provide your screenshot of the issue?

Which mobile model are you using?
    Please make sure the Multy APP is on the latest version:Android 2.6.2.240202, IOS 2.6.1

• w8rn8r

My mobile is a Samsung A52.
    This error has popped up just a few days ago.

Screenshot is attached - "Verbindung getrennt" simply means "not connected".

Working with support in Germany, I have just uploaded a log file.
    Will see what they say.

I don't mean to cause duplicate efforts on your side, but I'm still wondering if the server was and is working normally - can you confirm ? (private email?)

I'm asking this question because attempts to connect to my configuration via web are also failing with an error like "server not responding". So, server problems seem to me like an obvious interpretation of these two error messages (app and web access) …

• Zyxel_Jerry

Hi @w8rn8r

Could you help to provide your Serial number and MAC address of the Main Multy device and the account you registered on the myzyxelcloud?
    You can send us the information in private message. I'll check if there is any logs between device and the server.

• paulosrc
    paulosrc Posts: 1
    First Comment

my WSM20 also went completely crazy after the firmware update. They keep disconnecting all of them. any fix for this?

• Zyxel_Jerry

Hi @paulosrc

Please help to send us the feedback, on the Multy APP.
    You can follow below steps to send the feedback on the Multy APP

Describe your issue

Consumer Product Help Center