ech0raix

All Replies

• p0mian
    p0mian Posts: 3
    First Comment First Answer
    Answer ✓

Same issue. Same date. All my photos encrypted. 90% restored from backup. Contacted with them on chat but dont want to lower the price

• TomasMalina
    TomasMalina Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    First Answer Fourth Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited June 22 Answer ✓

I've joined the club, NAS542, June 10-12, ransom is also 0.019 BTC. Given the same issues were discussed a few years ago among QNAP and Synology users, the case doesn't look very promising - allegedly, unless we're lucky to be encrypted by an old version (prior to June 2019), they haven't found any mistakes in the encryption. The only option seems to be to recover from backups. If your ransom note has a ".txtt" extension, that is the newer version. If you want to try luck with the old decryptor (don't delete the original encrypted files if you plan to wait for a potential decryptor in the future), search for a post by the user BloodDolly (link).

• p0mian

they/he banned me on "support chat" at ransom TOR website for talking about his mother :(

• TomasMalina
    TomasMalina Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    First Answer Fourth Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Answer ✓

Just to check, what firmware version was everyone on when it happened? My NAS542 was ABAG.13 when it got attacked.

• p0mian
    Answer ✓

same

• lucirau
    lucirau Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment

It seems that more of us in Romania are affected by this ransomware. 😫Someone loves us.🤣 If you find any solution, please pm. 🙏

Thanks.

• lucirau
    lucirau Posts: 7  Freshman Member

Unfortunately I don't know because I gave the NAS to a friend.

• Macace
    Macace Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    edited June 30

I have eight of NAS540 and NAS542 at different friends.

One NAS542 ABAG.13 was also attacked at the same day.

There were three new Users, two has no access to the shares, one has full access. Everything is encrypted.

At a second NAS542 there were also three Users with the same configuration. I think we can shut down it fast enough. All files are ok.

Question to Zyxel:

Did the new ABAG.14 or ABAG.15 close the Backdoor, that the hackers use ?

What is with the NAS540 ? The last FW is ABAG.13 !

Is it possible to disable the admin user or to rename it ?

Is the big file that the internal backup program creates save against the hack?

It is enough to delete the fake users, disable FTP, disable MyZyxel, disable WebDav and close all ports in the router to become the NAS save ?

At many online shops the NAS542 is still new buyable. There is nowhere a hint that it is EOL !

• Simon01
    Simon01 Posts: 3
    First Comment

My Zyxel NAS542, also was encrypted 10-6-2024.

I have stored 150.000 pictures, 25 years family photo, all encrypted.

I have backup of my data, but how can I restore the data without to destroy anything.

Before restore data from backup, all ports in my router are closed, and in the future, I only want to use my NAS 542 as an internal networks NAS.

I'm running the Latest NAS542 software revision.

Question to Zyxel:

Is it possible to delete all data on my hard disks, and then restore all pictures from my SSD backup, without risk for my other network units? (PC win 10, ++)

Where was the crypto program saved / running?

Is the crypto program in sleep mode, and can it make a wakeup later?

If the crypto program was stored in NAS542 flash memory or HD as a hidden file, I am worried about; it is a never-ending story. (Sleeping mode)

If it is stored and running in a memory area there are cleanup after running, I guess it is possible to give my NAS542 a new life, and I do not need to scrap it.

In Denmark many online shops the NAS542 is still new buyable!

Please give a guide for dummies, best regards grandfather

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 97  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Answer 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited July 2

I think the NAS with the latest firmware and please always back up your data and place a router or firewall in front of your NAS, IoT devices, and laptops instead of directly exposing them to the Internet with a public IP address.

Consumer Product Help Center