Virtual WAN interface or multiple WAN IP method

TAPTech
TAPTech Posts: 167  Master Member
First Comment Friend Collector Sixth Anniversary Nebula Gratitude
I have a WAN connection with 5 available static IP addresses.  I want to send guest traffic over a different IP than the business traffic.  Can I create a virtual WAN and a policy route to do this?

When I try to create a new WAN interface I get a warning about multiple interfaces on a port group.  I'm not sure if that means I need to enter a VLAN, but that gives me some confusion...

All Replies

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 663  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate 100 Answers
    Hello TAPTech,
    One WAN port group only can have one WAN interface binding regardless it is a virtual WAN or not. It means you cannot add a new (Virtual) WAN interface in a WAN group which already bound to another WAN interface.

Is it the error message you meet? If not, please provide a screenshot of the error message and the settings of your WAN interface, thank you.

James
  • TAPTech
    Hi James,
    Yes, that is the same error. I am used to my old USG60 series, where you could add a virtual interface to the existing WAN interface.  What options do we have to route guest traffic over a different static IP in the same WAN interface?  In this case, I have 5 static IP's available from the ISP.
  • Zyxel_James
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate 100 Answers
    Hello @TAPTech
    Nebula mode does not support that binding multiple WAN interfaces in one WAN group. In other words, each WAN Group can only have one WAN (virtual)interface.

James
  • TAPTech
    Thank you James, I understand the limitation.  Is there another method that you can think of, that can route traffic from a certain internal subnet over a different public static IP?
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,264  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    I don't get why zyxel did Nebula if its not going to have all the options of standalone?
  • Zyxel_James
    Hello @TAPTech
    Do you mean by Policy Routing? Policy Route allows you to route a certain subnet to a specific WAN interface.

James

• TAPTech
    Almost. I have WAN1 plugged into a fiber gateway/modem. I have 5 static public WAN IP's available. I want to route all outbound traffic from a certain internal subnet over one IP, and traffic from a different internal subnet over another IP.  I could do this relatively easily with my USG60, non-nebula firewall.
  • Zyxel_James
    @TAPTech, could you provide your routing topology with a diagram? and what do you encounter when setting it up on Nebula? thank you.

James
  • PeDahl
    PeDahl Posts: 1
    First Comment

I have the same issue : multiple WAN IP’s.

Inbound traffic should be able to NAT depending on witch IP is called.

IE:

1.1.1.1:443 NAT 192.168.1.43

1.1.1.2:443 NAT 192.168.254.43

How do I do this?

(On USG one just create virtual WAN-innerface and NAT them)

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 155  Master Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Second Anniversary

You can give the same subnet address in Virtual Server "public IP"

Firewall will do proxy ARP so traffic know where to send

Nebula Tips & Tricks