NAS 326 Login failure via Web Gui

JohnnT
JohnnT Posts: 15  Freshman Member
10 Comments

I reset the NAS 326 and after entering with Web Gui "admin" and password 1234 I was asked to change the password. I can give any password more than 8 characters, I tried upto 15 characters, first a mixture of letters and $ sign and then purely numbers…after submitting it returns to the login and did not continue….appreciate a prompt response, thank you in advance….

Best Answers

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,741  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers
    Answer ✓

In your screenshot there is a red line around the first password. I think that is the frontend sanitizer which tells the password is not accepted, and thus the apply button is not armed.

Try a simpler password. And if you manage to pass this obstacle, you can upgrade the firmware from the webinterface, which might yield a better sanitizer, which gives more feedback.

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓

Control Panel→Privilege and Sharing→Shared Folders, page 120 of the manual

All Replies

• Mijzelf

If you exactly described your issue, then it's by design, I think. After changing the password you are logged out, and back on the login prompt. In which case you can login with your new password.

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

Thank you for your responses…..the login failure still exist. I repeat what was done till now: I reset the NAS326 and I could enter default login "admin" and "1234". The next screen requires to enter a new password, which I did, using all type of combination, more than 8 characters, I entered about 14 characters with capital letter, numbers and special sign like $. The problem is that the "take over" button after I repeated the newly created password would not accept or react, i.e. the "take over" button remains without any reaction. Then after countdown was completed the Gui returns to the start screen requiring entering login and password. I entered "admin" and my newly created password. The response was error in login or password, i.e. my newly created password was not effective….i.e. the "take over" button did not react. Is there a way to download a new correct GUI, I suspect the GUI is not working properly….appreciate your solution suggestions….thank you in advance…….attached screenshot of the password creating screen…

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

..yes, in my password creation I mixed special characters with numbers….as mentioned, the problem lies with the GUI, after changing password the "take over / accept" button is not functioning, i.e. it does'nt accept the pressing at all. My question, is there anyway to change or download another GUI App which works well with the Zyxel NAS 326… ? I just have to be able to administer the discs appropriately…without GUI I can't administer anything….Appreciate a workaround or a working solution to my specific problem…..thank you very much in advance…

• Mijzelf

Then after countdown was completed the Gui returns to the start screen
    requiring entering login and password. I entered "admin" and my newly
    created password. The response was error in login or password

And it also didn't accept 1234 anymore?

BTW, seeing their edits, and their number of posts, I think @pretzelsannulet & @jessiesouza are spambots.

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

thank you for the response. …yes, 1234 is accepted but then a new password is requested and during this process, as mentioned before, the "take over / accept" button of the GUI does not accept any action…..and then it loops again to the start screen….so as I mentioned before I think something is wrong with the GUI….is there any other work around or solution like updating the firmware (how to update the firmware without mistakes ?) or is there a download for another App to enter the administration work for the NAS 326 ?? Appreciate a good working solution, thank you in advance…..

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓

In your screenshot there is a red line around the first password. I think that is the frontend sanitizer which tells the password is not accepted, and thus the apply button is not armed.

Try a simpler password. And if you manage to pass this obstacle, you can upgrade the firmware from the webinterface, which might yield a better sanitizer, which gives more feedback.

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

Thank you "Mijzelf" for your suggestions….yes, it solves the problem. I created a password before the frontend sanitizer becomes red, and found out that 7 character / digit password is sufficient (not more), and finally it works, after creating the password I could enter the GUI successfully and perform my administration work. Thank you very much for your assistance…well done !

• domdur
    domdur Posts: 3
    First Comment

I'm glad you managed to solve this problem, JohnnT but for me this one remains.
    The exchanges suggest that you have succeeded by testing several different passwords.
    I have been doing the same thing for several days without success and especially without an answer to this problem by the brand's technical support.
    If this continues, I think I'll look for another equipment.

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

to Domdur: there is no technical support for the NAS 326 device anymore, I was told by the company that this device is not supported anymore and possibly no further developments in this area…..yes, you are right, if I had known this before, I would have selected another brand. But unfortunately I feel bad throwing away a still working device….it's a waste really. Try a simple password, not more than 8 character / digit or even 7 digit / chararcter mixure….…make sure that the sanitizer frame does'nt become red….then it should work hopefully …..good luck !!

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

to "Mijzelf": after successfully entering the GUI, I saw the second disks, so both disks were shown in the admin screen, but I cannot specifically address this second disk. …Do I have to join both disks, but I don't want to use any RAID system, just simply using both disks as a simple external disks….and now Windows does'nt allow me to address any disks on the NAS 326 via Windows Explorer….is it because I have given a new password and the NAS 326 GUI blocked the access via Windows Explorer……?? Appreciate an elightment on how I can access both disks independently ?…thank you in advance…..

Consumer Product Help Center