NAS 326 Login failure via Web Gui

All Replies

• domdur
    domdur Posts: 3
    First Comment

I see that you have other problems and this pushes me towards another material solution.
    Do you know if the disks will be reformatted, with the loss of data?

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,741  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers

To address the 2nd disk, you'll have to create a volume on it, if you didn't already. Then create a share on that volume.

• JohnnT
    JohnnT Posts: 15  Freshman Member
    10 Comments

to domdur: yes, if you install a disc, the disc will be reformatted, so lost of data, backup your data prior to installing….

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

to Mijzelf: thank you for your response…..how do I create a volume, before I installed the disc, actually I reformatted the disc and assigned a volume name via Windows tools, then I installed it in the NAS 326 device….after GUI was working, the NAS 326 reformatted my disc again, but I could see on the GUI the 2 discs but could not access….appreciate indications which functions I have to use to create a volume and to declare share….thank you so much in advance…..

• Mijzelf

Are you sure you haven't got a raid1 volume? In that case both disks are in use. And else, you should be in the 'Storage manager', page 42 of the manual.

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

thank you Mijzelf: will try it out, thank you for the Manual, I have'nt got this in the delivery….will info more after trying….

• domdur
    domdur Posts: 3
    First Comment

I found a program called DiskInternals Linux Reader which allowed me to recover my files. I'm going to reformat the disk and reinstall the NAS if it works bingo otherwise trash.

Thank you for your help.

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

To Mijzelf: I tried everything, but still could not access or address my second disc. Attached a screenshot of the GUI functions, I have'nt found any functions to allow me to define a second disk . Even the Browser of the GUI shows me the contents of Volume 1 only. BTW I am using only RAID0. I have now managed to re-establish the access of Volume 1 over Windows Explorer (Network disc assignment)….but it also shows only disc 1 (Volume1)….Attached second screenshot shows you the presence of Volume1 and 2….but how can I address Volume 2 ? Appreciate your responses, thank you in advance.

GUI functions: (Where can I assign a second volume ??)

GUI showing presence of 2 volumes ??

GUI showing presence of the 2 Disks…..Disk 1 is accessible, disk 2 not accessible ??

GUI shows presence of 2 disks. Volume 2 not accessible…..although physically present ??

• Mijzelf

Create a share, and put in on volume 2.

• JohnnT
    10 Comments

to Mijzelf: thank you for your response, where do I create a share ? I could'nt find any useful functions in the GUI to create a share ?…..so sorry to be a nuisance, but the GUI is not too helpful to administer any additional discs….thanks in advance for your responses……

Consumer Product Help Center