[NEBULA] NSG50

FrankIversen
FrankIversen Posts: 92  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
edited April 2021 in Nebula
I am reading reference to a NSG50 unit, but find it hard to find information about this device.
Can you share some information for this unit?

Comments

• Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2017
    Hi Franklversen

Welcome to Nebula Forum. The detailed information about NSG50 will be released officially along with Nebula Phase II on 26th June. Please stay informed for more details. :)
  • FrankIversen
    no hints? :)
  • Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    @FrankIversen

NSG50 aims at the small-sized business and the major features are similar as NSG100 but subject to entry level functions. Let us expect more details on launch day ;)
  • FrankIversen
    Cool, because I am planning to deply this to a couple of users with appx 5 users. Perhaps I should wait for the NSG50
  • itxnc
    itxnc Posts: 98  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Also looking forward to this information and more details on the 'Limited Lifetime License' stuff. The license model for NSG is so confusing, but it *seemed* like when I priced out the full cost of an NSG100 install it was pretty close to a USG60 with UTM bundle. We're deploying a ton of Ubiquiti because their Unifi platform makes remote monitoring and management a breeze - but they lack any type of real security gateway... So the NSG platform intrigues us.
  • FrankIversen
    same here. We are (or have been) an open mesh installer. Very nicen products, but they also lack the security gateway. And we have always trusted Zyxel stuff, so if the licensing is acceptable the Nebula platform with management of both AP, switch and security gateway is attractive to migrate to.
  • GoodDay
    GoodDay Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    In my understanding, NSG license has App Patrols that can restrict the access from certain software tools or websites, and Security filtering can detect and prevent malicious attack beforehand.
  • martinihenry
    martinihenry Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I too look forward for a smaller(cheaper) model for my customers since it's not cost effecient enough to deploy nsg100 for them.
    lets see what they bring up!

Nebula Tips & Tricks