Setting up a Zyxel mesh network with NR5103EV2 and EX3301-T0

I am trying to setup a mesh network between my mobile 5G router NR5103EV2 (controller) and my router EX3301-T0 (extender). Is that possible? Zyxel’s support chat robot Ally says that it is, but I have not succeeded so far.

The mobile router is running firmware version V1.00(ACIQ.1)b1_D0, the latest supplied by mobile operator 3 in Sweden. When I run the app Zyxel Air to add a mesh device it never finds anything.

The router is running firmware version V5.50(ABVY.4.2)C0, the latest generic firmware available on Zyxel’s download site.

I have tried multiple ways to connect the two devices – via wireless WPS, cable from router/WAN to mobile router/LAN and router/LAN to mobile router/LAN (with DHCP/Off).

Advices on how to proceed would be very much appreciated.

In the box for the EX3301-T0 unit there was a Quick Start Guide for EX3600-T0 (!!). In that guide there is a notion of an “Operator Mode” switch that can be set to “Extender”. I can’t find that switch in my router. A bit sad, because I guess that would help?

Accepted Solution

• Internetheavyuser
    Internetheavyuser Posts: 96  Ally Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary
    Answer ✓

I checked the data sheet on EX3301-T0 and it shows as follow.

It shows that EX3301-T0 only test to pair with WX3100. I think it is not guarantee NR5103Ev2 and EX3301-T0 can mesh.

All Replies

• Internetheavyuser
    Internetheavyuser Posts: 96  Ally Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary
    Answer ✓

I checked the data sheet on EX3301-T0 and it shows as follow.

It shows that EX3301-T0 only test to pair with WX3100. I think it is not guarantee NR5103Ev2 and EX3301-T0 can mesh.

• LasseA
    LasseA Posts: 4
    First Comment

Thx, I have come to the same conclusion. The Ally support chat robot talks a lot of rubbish.

Consumer Product Help Center