FWA710 LAN settings

monse
monse Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Comment

I want a LAN address pace different from the default 192.168.1.1 - I want 10.0.0.1 / 24 for compatibility with my existing LAN. There are two conflicting places in the 'Web-based Configurator" to do it: a) on the home screen LAN section and b) on the Network Setting - Home Networking section. If I 1) Factory Reset, 2) use the Home Networking to setup the LAN details, then the setting on the home screen reflects it, but if I click the right-arrow, then is says that the network is now 192.168.2.1 (note the '2'). And my attached devices now get DHCP addresses from 192.168.2.x, not from 10.0.0.x. Now, if I try to change that setting back to 10.0.0.1, then I get a popup saying there is an address conflict.

Even more curious is that I can now sign in to the router Web by either one of the two addresses 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.2.1. It seem like the 10.0.0.x space is now a DMZ of some kind - it should not be accessible on the LAN space.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary

Mobile Broadband from ISP use 10. in there network so your FWA710 could get a 10. IP WAN side stopping you using 10. LAN side

• monse
    First Comment

Does that mean I can't use a 10… LAN network? The Cellular network is a 100…. network, as you can see here

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    edited July 19

Ok you should be able to use 10. then unless its a limitation or just done in case they use 10.

did you change the DHCP range as well as the LAN IP to 10. ?

• monse
    First Comment

The DHCP range changes automatically when you change the IP. So yes. The basic question is why there are two conflicting places to set the routers IP and local LAN address range, and if setting them to the same values gives an address conflict error message.

• monse
    First Comment

I found the solution. See my latest post about the subject. https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/24316/fwa710-manual-missing-lan-explanation#latest

Consumer Product Help Center