Port forwarding - I can't get it to work - FW510 in nebula

coupas
coupas Posts: 6  Freshman Member
First Comment

I have a FW510 - it is set up in Nebula:

I don't have a physical firewall as you can see.

However, I tried this:

Didnt work. The port stay closed.

So I tried from the FW510 itself:

But the port stays closed.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,091  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    Answer ✓

Hi @coupas,

We found that the reason you cannot successfully use the port forwarding function is that your ISP uses a CGNAT IP address. The public IP address on Nebula is different from the WAN IP address of your Mobile router. You might need to check with your ISP if it is possible to have a non-CGNAT IP address.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited July 30

Hi @coupas,

The NAT rule in the firewall configuration page won't be applied to your Mobile router.

The NAT rule you set on the mobile router seems no problem. Could you enable Zyxel support access so we can check? I will DM you to request some details to check.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓

Hi @coupas,

We found that the reason you cannot successfully use the port forwarding function is that your ISP uses a CGNAT IP address. The public IP address on Nebula is different from the WAN IP address of your Mobile router. You might need to check with your ISP if it is possible to have a non-CGNAT IP address.

Zyxel Melen

• coupas
    First Comment

I see, thanks very much!

• coupas
    First Comment

Update:

ISP gave me a non-CGNAT-adress. And now I have some functionality.

However, there still are some problems that I cant seem to figure out:

NAT-loopback seem to to be needed for me to test wan-lan things in my environment.

My servers are reachable from my network: 192.168.1.4:2283 for Immich for example. But when I try going for the external ip: coupas.se:2283 I can only reach that when I am outside my own network, via VPN. (not real url, just an example)

How can I enable NAT loopback in FW510?

Nebula Tips & Tricks