FWA710's IP Passthrough Mode not working

Naseer
Naseer Posts: 7  Freshman Member
First Comment

Hello Guys,

i've bought this cool outdoor router recently, but its bridge mode or IP Passthrough Mode not working. So the Firmware is also the latest version, V1.18.

How did i do? Network Setting > Broadband > Cellular APN > #1 > Edit > IP Passthrough ON> Passthrough Mode on to my indoor router's mac, so for assurance, i turned the firewall also off. But still the indoor router gets the Cellular Info's IP. Of course i did enough restart as well.

Any new idea?

I am based in Swiss and using the Swype sim, which it should not play any role.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regard,

Naseer

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 995  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Naseer

Based on your description, it seems that the IP Passthrough mode (Bridge mode) you set up on your Nebula FWA710 is functioning correctly and as expected. You might want to check with your ISP or look into the settings on your Synology router for further troubleshooting.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• Naseer
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hello Guys,

thanks a lot for your answers and supports.
    I contacted the ISP, and they told me that their SIM card is just for Hostspot like iPad, and Tablets.
    This means, the problem is not with routers, but with ISP.
    I close this issue here.
    Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Naseer

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @Naseer

When IP Passthrough is configured on the FWA710, it allows a LAN device on your network to access the internet using the public IP address. In this mode, all traffic is forwarded directly to the LAN device, bypassing NAT.

To set up IP Passthrough mode correctly, please refer to this guide:

If you're still experiencing issues after following the guide, could you please provide us with the following details for further troubleshooting?

1. A screenshot of the detailed information under Cellular Info. You can find this by navigating to the device GUI Homepage > Cellular Info and clicking on the “>” button.
    2. A screenshot of your IP Passthrough mode configuration under Network Setting > Broadband > Cellular APN.
    3. A screenshot of your LAN device's IP information.

Additionally, if your FWA710 is managed in Nebula Cloud mode, please enable Zyxel Support Access and provide us with your Nebula organization and site name. This will help us gain better insight into your device's configuration.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• Naseer
    First Comment

Thanks for your reply.

here are the screenshots:

The NAT device is the Router Synology RT6600AX, the WAN port is auto IP Assign.

Thanks once again.

• __Greg__
    __Greg__ Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment

I have both Zyxel and Synology routers… both default LAN IP is 192.168.1.1 - you have to change the LAN IP os selected device to something different - e.g. 192.168.10.1, you cant have two devices using the same IP in LAN, since you will have conflicts.

• Naseer
    First Comment

Hi Greg,

thanks for your reply, i can't understand you well, could you please write more preciser? thank you so much.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    edited September 2

IP Passthrough Mode does not mean you get the WAN IP with Cellular ISP and only 10.0.0.0/8 or sometimes 100.64.0.0/10 which the ISP will CGNAT you.

• Naseer
    First Comment

Thanks, but where could be the possible problem here?

my Synology Router or ISP? i know, it is not the right question, perhaps based on experience could be an answer. but once with current Zyxel router setup i could ping my DDNS address from external network.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    edited September 3

You can ping a DDNS but you don't get the IP and the ping is to CGNAT you likely will not get incoming traffic to any server you setup.

Only a ISP that gives you a full WAN IP does incoming work

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @Naseer

Could you please provide a diagram or description of your network topology, specifically how your Nebula FWA710 is connected to your other devices?

Kay

• Naseer
    First Comment

Guys, i really appreciate your supports.

Here is my topology.

As I mentioned, once i could ping my DDNS (ping xxxx.synology.me) Address from the world (from my office), after that i could not anymore. But the DDNS Add has always the current public IP (google: what is my ip? = DDNS's public IP).

I used the older versions of the LTE Router, it had just bridge mode, and it was clear and easy, but this IP Passthrough, i have not experience with it, therefore i need your kindly support.

Based on this above description and topology, if you professionals think, that LTE Router has not problem, then i investigate time on Synology router.

I thank you once again.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓

Hi @Naseer

Based on your description, it seems that the IP Passthrough mode (Bridge mode) you set up on your Nebula FWA710 is functioning correctly and as expected. You might want to check with your ISP or look into the settings on your Synology router for further troubleshooting.

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks