USG Flex100 - Is it possible to know what its CPU is processing?

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 209  Master Member
Second Anniversary 100 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch
edited September 6 in Nebula

Hello everyone,

I have some Flex100s on production, but I have a specific site for a healthcare company where I see high usage (to be clear, it happens more often than other sites) compared to generated traffic:

As you can see the usage is about 31% and it seems strange due to the fact it is a small network with about 20 clients and no outgoing traffic (see wan1 Utilization).

So my question is what the firewall is processing, is it possible to see what it is doing via Nebula?

Maybe some threats? Some ADPs? Some IDPs?

All Replies

• GiuseppeR
    Second Anniversary 100 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

A quick update, after 15 mins from the opening of this thread:

I just refreshed the webpage on Nebula.

• GiuseppeR
    edited September 6

After some hours, same Company in this moment:

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 867  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    edited September 9

Hi @GiuseppeR

There are several factors that can affect CPU usage, and a usage level of around 54% is generally not considered high. To check the current CPU status of your firewall, you can connect via SSH and use the following commands:

show cpu all

show cpu status

show cpu average

debug system ps

If you need further assistance, you can enable Zyxel Support and provide us with your organization and site name. We can then remotely access your site via SSH and investigate further.

Additionally, to maintain optimal performance, ensure your firewall is running the latest firmware. The current version for the USG FLEX 100 is V5.39.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 867  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @GiuseppeR

As discussed via email, you encountered difficulties with the firmware upgrade due to insufficient memory space on the device. After rebooting, you successfully upgraded to the latest firmware version.

Please monitor the CPU usage and let us know if you notice any abnormal behavior. If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out again.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nebula Tips & Tricks