2.4 GHz profile after rebooting needed for firmware upgrade

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 209  Master Member
Second Anniversary 100 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Hello everyone,

it is the second time (in two different Companies) that it happens that after a reboot needed for a firmware upgrade the 2.4 GHz wifi profile does not work properly:

For example this morning I had a printer that was not able to connect wirelessly with the AP after the V7.00(ABYW.2) update: it was sufficient to reboot the AP to let the printer goes online.

Same thing happened in the previous V7.00(ABYW.1) update from 6.55 (if I remember its release number correctly) with another production site.

Anyway it seems a random issue: I have multiple sites, only few reports

All Replies

• GiuseppeR
    Second Anniversary 100 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Hello @Marlene495Hadley

am I chatting with an AI made for spamming communities like this one?

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,160  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers
    edited September 10

Is it a HP printer?

I have mine to a USG60W and it goes offline after some hours being on and have to press the power button on printer to connect.

It could be that as the AP goes off line when doing the firmware for a long time the printer goes offline or sleep mode

• GiuseppeR

It is an EPSON WorkForce, setup for always on and standby after 5 mins of no activity.

A part from when the Company has blackouts that EPSON is always ready for printing.

Those two different disconnections for two different Companies (after AP firmware upgrade) happened with that printer which I was referring to earlier and with a Daikin A/C unit, exactly the morning after a scheduled firmware upgrade of the AP.

For this reason I highlighted some doubts on that happening.

To be sure I rebooted firstly the appliances (printer and the A/C unit) but this action does not solved the problem while rebooting the AP fixed the connection issue.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 642  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @GiuseppeR

As we discussed via message, the issue you're experiencing appears to be similar to one previously mentioned on the forum:

However, to determine if it is the same issue, we need to review the diagnostic information from the AP. Please collect the diagnostic info from the APs when the issue reoccurs and send it to us via private message for further investigation.

Additionally, has the issue only occurred with the printer, or have you also tried connecting a mobile phone or desktop to the 2.4GHz network?

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• GiuseppeR

Hello @Zyxel_Nami

I use 2.4 GHz spectrum mainly for IoT things (e.g. printers, sensors, A/C units).

Mobile devices go to 5 GHz.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 642  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @GiuseppeR

Regarding the case I mentioned earlier, where the 2.4GHz was not visible to clients, could you please help verify if your issue is the same? You can do this by checking if the IoT devices/desktop/phone can detect the 2.4GHz SSID.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• GiuseppeR

Hello @Zyxel_Nami

the 2.4GHz SSID was not reachable by IoT things, they could not see that network.

Rebooting the AP solved the issue

Nebula Tips & Tricks