All Replies

• Peter2
    Peter2 Posts: 118  Ally Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Community MVP

• RobertGillard
    RobertGillard Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    First Comment Friend Collector

Hi and thanks for the reply,

No I don't have a pin configured and the Cellular is configured as a backup.

When I disconnect the Ethernet connection it does seem to connect via the cellular connection and I can still ping websites etc.

Within a few seconds though the connection to the router drops, I can't even ping the gateway address. Even if I plug the Ethernet back in it still won't reconnect until I power cycle the router.

• Peter2

These sticks book into the net first already able to receive a 2G sms , in the second stage they really build up an internet connection .

The ETH and Wwan have to work together too to replace each other . The power Consumption of the stick rises up when connecting to the internet and when the router hangs .

• RobertGillard

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I was using a short USB extension cable and an external antenna for the stick but it was doing the same even when plugged in directly to the port on the router.

To try and reduce the power draw on the router, I disconnected all but one of the Ethernet cables switched off the Wifi and connected the stick directly to the router so the external antenna for the LTE stick was also disconnected.

It stayed up longer at that point but the reception is poor so speeds are unusable. I could try a powered USB cable or hub.

When I checked the router interface this time, the wwan settings seemed odd to me.

It looks like the USB stick is still in DHCP mode rather than bridging the connection.

• Peter2
    edited September 15

ok, thats fine on Sunday !!

May be its enough to disable the 5 G Wlan because its has a sending power consuption up to one Watt or reduce the level .

May be a stronger AC Adapter will help …

• RobertGillard

Luckily I had 12v 45w power supply to hand(Zyxel one is 36W).

I gave that a go and still the same problem.

Link will come up on the 4G and I can run ping tests etc as soon as I run a speed test or launch a webpage everything locks up.

I suspect either the dongle or my router is faulty.

Does anyone know any alternatives to the E3372s that will work with the Zyxel router?

• Peter2
    edited September 16

Even more People have Problems to really get a E3372s and not -h version because its not produced anymore but even the -s Version makes Problems .

The version -s or -h is not printed on my stick but only on the package in browser HW version is "CL2E3372HM" .

And it hink you tested the E3372-s Version successfull in another Situation too with a PC and everything worked normal ??

My E3372-s worked with a Fritzbox and a Zycel Device but not your Router Version . I have it only for the case if Internet is down and not as permanent backup this would be to risky for costs with my tariff .

Yes it would be interesting if there is an alternative stick !

Consumer Product Help Center