Flex 100HP fw 1.30 - rebooting remotely caused a revert to fw 1.21

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 248  Master Member
Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula First Comment Friend Collector
edited October 21 in USG FLEX H Series

Hello everyone,

I updated to fw 1.30, I tried to modify some configs and I got errors everywhere:

as the firewall requested me to reboot it:

I clicked on Reboot button remotely:

After more than 20 minutes it is still unreachable:

You can check it:

When it came up again I have fw 1.21 again:

I think that fw 1.30 is not compatible with it.

For this reason I have to wait to update other FlexH Series FWs that I have in production, please let me know how to proceed.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,300  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @GiuseppeR,

Could you help to collect the diagnostic information so we can investigate this issue? You may reference this FAQ to collect the diagnostic information.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    edited October 22

Looks like the same problem I had that the config will work on V1.30 then any changes causes UI to lock up reboot and have to wait 20 minutes for it to roll back.

a clean config on V1.30 (with some copying) is what I did but if Zyxel can work out the cause a new firmware is needed

• GiuseppeR
    GiuseppeR Posts: 248  Master Member
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula First Comment Friend Collector
    edited October 22

Hello @PeterUK

I have different FlexH FWs in production, it is not possible to set them in default config and then copy again the configurations. I have VLANs, interfaces and policy rules ready working and what you did would force me to go on premise to set everything again.

For the moment I forced every FlexH to STOP any sort of fw upgrade.

I expect a smooth upgrade as Zyxel has shown to be capable of, any sort of compromise is not the way we work.

Hello @Zyxel_Melen

you have a PM with details you requested, you have also an open Case where you can find a direct access to that FW.