NAS326 assign drive letter

Options

All Replies

• bRiX
    bRiX Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    10 Comments
    Options
    i have just assigned static ip on all boxes and uninstalled NSU.. and rebooted both pc and nas's, now i cant connect to any of the boxes through explorer :(
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,626  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Dangling sessions? In Windows you can view your sessions with
    net session
    and you can delete all sessions with
    net session /delete
    (Don't know if you need an elevated command prompt for that, as you can initiate a session as ordinary user I guess not)

• bRiX
    10 Comments
    Options
    do you know how i can fix it? im not winows expert, so a bit of noob explanation might be needed 
  • bRiX
    10 Comments
    Options
    this is the error i get when i try to access it through explorer

could the raid have been "destroyed" after the power outtage and i might have to create new partitions?
  • bRiX
    10 Comments
    Options
    i have also tried diagnose without success
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    do you know how i can fix it? im not winows expert, so a bit of noob explanation might be needed
    Well, if a dangling session is the problem, then executing 'net session /delete' from a Windows command prompt should be the solution.
    The problem is clearly on the client side, as uninstalling NSU blocked your other 3 boxes, while that boxes didn't change. Unfortunately I'm not a Windows expert either.
    You still didn't answer my question if you ever changed the hostnames of the NASses. If not, make sure you do it.
  • bRiX
    10 Comments
    Options
    how do i change hostnames?
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    Somewhere in the Config Panel. I think in the network section. Hostname, servername, something like that. The default value for a NAS326 is -surprise!- nas326.
  • bRiX
    10 Comments
    Options
    yes.. ive changed all of those :D
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    In that case I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid. Maybe the logs in Windows can tell you more, but I don't know where to find them. (Except of 'event log').
    When it worked with NSU you could reinstall that, and if 'the other 3' start working again you could downgrade the 4th.

Consumer Product Help Center