Options
    yes.. its the ip for my nas
    this is what it shows when i log into the admin "panel"

http://192.168.1.236/r51253,/desktop,/
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,628  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Yeah, in that case the IP address is definitely 192.168.1.236. And what is the exact error message when you enter \\192.168.1.236\admin in the Explorer address bar?
  • bRiX
    bRiX Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    10 Comments
    Options

Your file couldn’t be accessed

It may have been moved, edited, or deleted.

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

i get the same error if i try \\192.168.1.236\"share folder name"\

• Mijzelf
    Options
    OK, that is not a wrong cached credential, I think. That looks like the samba server on the NAS isn't running at all. Have you already restarted the NAS?
    If yes, enable the ssh server on the NAS (control panel->Network->Terminal, or something like that) and login over ssh (in a command prompt type 'ssh admin@192.168.1.236') and execute
    'netstat -ltn'. There should be something listening on local address '0.0.0.0:139' and on '0.0.0.0:445'

• bRiX
    10 Comments
    Options
    yes
    something is listening at those 2 ports..

• Mijzelf
    Options
    And can you actually connect? When I put http://<ip-of-my-nas>:445/ in my browser (Firefox) it waits forever (for reasonable values of ever), and when I then execute 'netstat -tn' I can see it is actually connected:
    $ netstat -tn
    Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       
    tcp        0      0 192.168.200.248:445      192.168.200.203:40156    ESTABLISHED

Does smbstatus give any info?
  • bRiX
    10 Comments
    Options
    yes.. it says established
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    In that case my poor mans analysis says the samba daemon is running, and ready for connections.
    Which suggests that the problem should be searched elsewhere. I wonder, you have 4 NAS326 in your network. Did you ever change their hostnames? Do they have the same credentials? I mean, when for some reason the client thinks it is talking to another box, and uses cached credentials, would that work?
  • bRiX
    10 Comments
    Options
    i configged them all with static ip's last night. i can still login to admin panel on all 4 and the other 3 are running as smooth as always.
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    I don't know if that actually matters (fixed IP, I mean). It won't hurt, but the client is used to cope with changing DHCP addresses. So if it connects to a server, and the server says: 'Hello, I'm NAS326', it might think 'I know that guy, although he used to have another address, and I have a password cached somewhere'. In that case it's not helpful when 2 different boxes use the same hostname.
    You write that the other 3 are working. The release notes of the latest firmware say
    [Enhancement]
    * Remove NAS starter utility related information.
    [Bug fix]
    * [Vulnerability] Format string vulnerability
    * Remove nsuagent and do not support NAS starter utility.)
    * Users can't enable PHP-MySQL-phpMyAdmin and other 4 packages(Logitech®
    Media Server, WordPress, Gallery, ownCloud) on NAS GUI App Center.
    So, assuming the notes are complete, the only relevant change is the removal of the NSU agent. I never used it, but I can imagine the client side tool somehow interferes with the clients password cache, making it work, while you are now thrown back on the client default behaviour.

Consumer Product Help Center