Zyxel NWD7605 on Linuxmint 21.1

Options
pfonseca
pfonseca Posts: 4
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hi,

I've just acquired a Zyxel NWD7605 USB dongle to use it on a PC with Linuxmint 21.1 OS. I've downloaded the Linux drivers from you site, but I'm not being able to compile it with the script provided.

Any special configuration I have to apply on the Makefile or any other component?

Regards,

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @pfonseca

Please try with below command.
    tar -xzf NWD7605 Linux_Driver_1.0.0.22.0301.tar.gz

cd  RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux_v1.15.11-36-g66c244572.20220902

chmod +x install

./install.sh
    If it cannot install, please PM us the error message

• pfonseca
    Options

Hi Jerry,

I attach the file that shows the error when I try to make (compile) the driver.

Anyway, I was able to put the adapter working with this instructions https://github.com/realtek-lunix/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux , but only when I upgrade to 5.19.xx Linux Kernel. Without that I had obtained an error similar with the one I have with your driver when I try to make it.

So, I think the issue is that your sources have to be adjusted to newer version of kernel, or even better, be included on kernel modules of several Linux distros.

The driver I've compiled allows me to connect to several different WiFi technologies, even WiFi 6. The only thing that is not working are the leds on adapter.

Please advise and thanks for your quick answer.

Regards,

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @pfonseca

Thanks for the valuable feedback.
    We will work towards implementing improvements to address this issue and ensure a smoother installation experience across various Linux kernel modules.

• pfonseca
    Options

Hi Jerry,

For now, the adapter is working with the solution I mentioned.

Keep me posted, please, on the evolution of the drivers.

Regards,

• wlodarek1
    Options

I am using new linux distros with kernel 6.4 6.5

and I can't compile this driver.

It gives me the error as you can see ;

/usr/src/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux/os_dep/osdep_service_linux.c: In function ‘rtw_change_ifname’:
    /usr/src/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux/os_dep/osdep_service_linux.c:810:28: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_rtw_memcpy’ discards ‘const’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
    810 | _rtw_memcpy(pnetdev->dev_addr, adapter_mac_addr(padapter), ETH_ALEN);
    | ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
    /usr/src/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux/os_dep/osdep_service_linux.c:48:24: note: expected ‘void *’ but argument is of type ‘const unsigned char *’
    48 | void _rtw_memcpy(void *dst, const void *src, u32 sz)
    | ~~~~~~^~~
    /usr/src/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux/os_dep/osdep_service_linux.c: In function ‘rtw_random32’:
    /usr/src/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux/os_dep/osdep_service_linux.c:850:16: error: implicit declaration of function ‘prandom_u32’; did you mean ‘prandom_u32_max’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    850 | return prandom_u32();
    | ^~~~~~~~~~~
    | prandom_u32_max
    cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
    make[2]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-6.1.0-11-common/scripts/Makefile.build:255: /usr/src/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux/os_dep/osdep_service_linux.o] Błąd 1
    make[1]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-6.1.0-11-common/Makefile:2037: /usr/src/RTL8852BU_RTL8832BU_WiFi_linux] Błąd 2
    make[1]: Opuszczenie katalogu '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.1.0-11-amd64'
    make: *** [Makefile:633: modules] Błąd 2
    I tested different live distributions and it's the same everywhere

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 71  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

The release notes mention support for kernel up to version 5.19. It appears that it does not extend to versions 6.4 and 6.5

• pfonseca
    Options

Hi wlodarek,

I'm using this driver and I think will fit your needs. If not, place a issue, morrownr will be able to fix any issue, I guess. https://github.com/morrownr/rtl8852bu

Consumer Product Help Center