M1 not identifying DHCP

Options

Trying to configure one of my M1s as master. But it will not accept DHCP given by my router. It will ask if it should use PPoE or static IP. Neither is possible and retires does not help.
I use the exact same spot with the same Ethernet cable as another device that will connect and be master.
This device is disconnected when trying to configure a separate wireless.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 496  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Dear @MajorNes

Are you using Multy mobile APP or Multy M1 WEB GUI to configure Multy M1 devices ?

For the DHCP issue, could you please check if the uplink router has a VLAN tag configured on the interface connected to Multy M1? You mentioned that you used the same location and cable with another device, is this another Multy M1 or a different device? Could you provide more details?

The Multy M1 should have its WAN port connected to your router/gateway's LAN port (which serves as the DHCP server). For detailed setup instructions, please follow this guide: Multy M1 Installation — Zyxel Community.

As for the "This device is disconnected when trying to configure a separate wireless" message, it seems like the main device may be disconnecting during the pairing process. Please ensure you're following the correct steps for pairing, which can be found in this FAQ.

Please reach out to us if the issue persists.

Zyxel Nami

• MajorNes
    MajorNes Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

I finally did it. It all worked until I set them to Bridge mode. Now I cannot get any IP address assigned.
    Any advice?

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 496  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello @MajorNes

Could you please clarify which devices are not receiving an IP address after switching to Bridge mode? Are these the Multy M1 devices, or are they the end devices (such as computers, smartphones, etc.) that are connected to the Multy M1 network?

In Bridge mode, the Multy M1 devices should act as bridges, allowing the uplink router to assign IP addresses to the end devices. The Multy M1 devices themselves should also receive an IP address from the uplink router.

If your Multy M1 devices are not receiving an IP address from the uplink router, please refer to the table below and let us know which the LED status matches Multy M1s?

Zyxel Nami

Consumer Product Help Center