Options
13»

All Replies

• k1s
    k1s Posts: 57  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

If you unplug the WAN with the modem then you can connect to Management

No, it makes no difference if the other modem is plugged in or not, as soon as the NR7101 is plugged into (any) router port, it cannot be reached via it's ethernet cable.

you can't access Management of NR7101 unless your able to make a routing rule.

What would the routing rule be?

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,837  Guru Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Ok @k1s try this don't have modem connected connect NR7101 to WAN test your LAN has internet then try Management

What would the routing rule be?

like this

• PeterUK
    edited July 2023
    Options

@monty03

the layout Zyxel vs Ubiquiti are different on how one does it to the other so maybe you need static route + Source NAT and Masquerade for it to work?

when you did static route you use next-hop interface and not a IP?

• monty03
    monty03 Posts: 5
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

I tried to use static route with next-hop interface and a source nat rule with masquerade as well. I think the NR7101 must be the cause of the problem, because if I use a ZTE 5G modem, access to its GUI works fine with the same configuration.

• PeterUK
    edited July 2023
    Options

But here the thing you say “When I connect my laptop directly to the NR7101 I get the IP from my service provider e.g. 77.116.241.xx and I can access the NR7101 via IP 192.168.2.1.” So your Ubiquiti must be getting 77.116.241.xx you are on 192.168.1.0 subnet traffic goes to your gateway for 192.168.2.1 you then SNAT from 77.116.241.xx to go to 192.168.2.1 but if it work when your laptop directly connected to the NR7101 then why the problem?

What if you change NR7101 Management IP to another and without any other Internet connection connected?

• k1s
    k1s Posts: 57  Ally Member
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion. Synology RT6600ax does not have a UI like yours (no next hop options). We can only add static routes like this:

The UI allows for 2 internet connections like this:

NR7101 is plugged into 'Primary Interface'. (ZTE 5G modem is in the Secondary 'LAN1'). The mode of operation is set under 'Smart Wan', like this:

As you can see, it shows 'Inactive' for some reason, and asks prompts me to configure it. The options are as below:

I've no idea what to put in there. Nebula shows the IP Address
    as 10.35.22.8, and DNS servers as
    10.203.xx.xx, 10.203.xx.xx, but I'm sure these are not what is expected here.

Consumer Product Help Center