NR7101: Access Management Service (UI) in IP passthrough (bridge) mode

Options

All Replies

• k1s
    k1s Posts: 57  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2023
    Options

@PeterUK In my case and @monty03 we have NR7101 in IP passthrough mode.

When I connect directly to NR7101 (via it's LAN port on t's PoE adapter) it can be reached using whatever IP address is set under 'default' (e.g. 192.168.x.x).

That is not what is showing as the IP Cellular Info configuration page. There it shows its IP address as10.x.x.x (which I think indicates my ISP is using CGNAT, referenced earlier).

However, as soon as the NR7101 is connected to the LAN's router (Synology in my case), the NR7101 cannot be reached and does not respond to a ping, whether it is set with a 192.168.1.x IP or on another subnet e.g. 192.168.3.x).

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,837  Guru Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

@k1s

Yes because you connect the NR7101 to your LAN and not to a another WAN

If you was to disable the router DHCP with the NR7101 connected like that with PC gets a IP by DHCP (renew) you would access the NR7101

• k1s
    Options

DHCP on the NR7101 is indeed disabled. The PC has a static IP on 192.168.1.x (same subnet as the primary router). I don't know what you mean by "because you connect the NR7101 to your LAN and not to a another WAN" . In pass through mode, the NR7101 is connected to a WAN (Vodafone's in my case) and is supposed to 'supply it - i.e. internet - the the LAN is it not?

• PeterUK
    edited July 2023
    Options

As for @monty03

With your Ubiquiti EdgeRouter you give the NR7101 its own port as WAN.

You might need help from the Ubiquiti community but you need to route from your LAN interface to SNAT NR7101 interface destination 192.168.2.1

• PeterUK
    edited July 2023
    Options

DHCP on the NR7101 is indeed disabled

no I mean on your Synology router then make the PC DHCP to get a IP by NR7101 if its in IP passthrough

I don't know what you mean by "because you connect the NR7101 to your LAN and not to a another WAN"

as in your router does not have another WAN port as in your current WAN is to another ISP?

• k1s
    Options

your router does not have another WAN port as in your current WAN is to another ISP?

The Synology router has 2 WAN ports, one is connected to a modem which serves internet to the LAN. The NR7101 is connected to the other as a backaup/failover.

DHCP on the NR7101 is indeed disabled

no I mean on your Synology router then make the PC DHCP to get a IP by NR7101 if its in IP passthrough

I can't disable DHCP on the Synology router. It needs to serve up IP addresses to half the devices on the LANs

• monty03
    monty03 Posts: 5
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

I set a static route to 192.168.2.1 and can ping the NR7101, but I cannot access the UI (neither on port 80 nor on port 443).

• k1s
    Options

@monty03 With 192.168.2.1 as the network destination in your static route, what did you set as the netmask (255.255.255.255?) and gateway?

• PeterUK
    Options

Right @k1s so if you unplug the WAN with the modem then you can connect to NR7101 Management the reason you can't access Management when your modem is connected is thats all traffic routes down it which means you can't access Management of NR7101 unless your able to make a routing rule.

• PeterUK
    Options

@monty03

No static route is not what you want delete it you need a routing rule

Consumer Product Help Center