Add feature to allow turning off 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands on individual AP's.

Options
Jamiewyc
Jamiewyc Posts: 12  Freshman Member
10 Comments

Currently, the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands can only be turned off at SSID level, for all access points. Being able to turn off individual bands on individual AP's is a critical feature that is available on most enterprise WIFI products in order to solve 2.4ghz/5ghz intereference.

If we're trying to reduce interference and we can't stop an AP from broadcasting individual bands, there's nothing we can do. Support mentioned splitting the SSID into two separate 2.4ghz and 5ghz SSID but this is not possible due to the following:

Nebula only allows for 8 SSIDs. I currently have 4 and splitting them would effectively stop me from creating any temporary SSID's that we use (For example, Summer school).
Nebula only allows the creation of 1 SSID with guest vouchers enabled - meaning I wouldn't even be able to split the guest wifi to 2.4 and 5ghz SSIDs. 

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 944  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Jambojames ,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and experience.

While we typically advise implementing the DCS configuration to ensure the AP operates on the optimal channel, we also recognize that there may be instances where users prefer to disable the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands on specific APs. We're considering this as a potential feature.

If anyone support this idea, please leave a comment or cast your vote.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

Nebula Tips & Tricks