AP'S randomly disconnect - Netconf Disconnected

Options

Hi,

We have several wired AP's that randomly disconnect at different times. The event logs just state Netconf connection is disconnected with no explanation. They do not go down at the same time so it's not a network or power issue. I'm at a loss to explain it…

This site is connected via Starlink whereas another site with the same ap's doesn't have the issue.

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 572  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nai_Craig

There could be several reasons causing your Nebula device to go offline. To help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue, please refer to this comprehensive troubleshooting guide:

If the issue persists, please enable Zyxel Support on Nebula, and provide us your org. and site name, so that we can initiate a more in-depth investigation into the problem.

Kay

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nai_Craig

After reviewing your site once more, it appears that the traffic is still stuck at the gateway (previous DNS), and the logs indicate that the APs cannot reach the Nebula Control Center (NCC) due to intra-network not being passed. Please investigate your router’s settings and logs as they might be the source of the problem. Make the necessary modifications to the router settings to resolve this issue.

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nai_Craig

There could be several reasons causing your Nebula device to go offline. To help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue, please refer to this comprehensive troubleshooting guide:

If the issue persists, please enable Zyxel Support on Nebula, and provide us your org. and site name, so that we can initiate a more in-depth investigation into the problem.

Kay

• Nai_Craig
    Options

Thanks for that Kay. I've been to site and put the Starlink router into bridge mode into a more appropriate router. I've also put the ap's onto static addresses as the starlink router is unmanageable so not possible before now.

I've done the tests above and all past apart from the test on 6667 as the link doesn't work.

In the time that's past since, I still get the disconf error but still no detail behind it to cause it.

Ignore the red at the left as that was due to the work I was doing at site. This is one ap. Other ap's are similar but at different time when this one was connected so it's not as if the connection dropped for all of them.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @Nai_Craig

To better assist you, could you kindly gather the diagnostic information of the APs? You can find instructions on how to collect this information via the AP's local web GUI by following this guide:

Alternatively, you can enable Zyxel Support and provide us with your organization and site name. This will allow us to access your site directly and investigate the issue.

Kay

• Nai_Craig
    Nai_Craig Posts: 4
    First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks Kay,

The site is 100 miles away so am unable to do the on-site work. I will enable the support option.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @Nai_Craig

After reviewing your site, it appears that your APs are occasionally unable to resolve d.nebula.zyxel.com. Kindly change your APs' DNS to 8.8.8.8 and monitor if this resolves the issue.

Kay

• Nai_Craig
    Options

Hi,

As requested, all ap's are now on google dns. Since the change yesterday morning, the morning/afternoon was relatively stable. The evening and the night still had disconnects.

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nai_Craig

After reviewing your site once more, it appears that the traffic is still stuck at the gateway (previous DNS), and the logs indicate that the APs cannot reach the Nebula Control Center (NCC) due to intra-network not being passed. Please investigate your router’s settings and logs as they might be the source of the problem. Make the necessary modifications to the router settings to resolve this issue.

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks