FWA510, Zyxel air app and web GUI not showing same info re. broadband signal strength

Options
JonasB
JonasB Posts: 8
First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

When I monitor the signal strength in the browser GUI it can read -110 dBm while at the same time the Zyxel Air app reads -93… In the app I can see the the reception vary between -91 and -95 -while in the web browser (Chrome) it varies around -110 dBm when I force reload the GUI (cellular info on the home screen).

And by the way RSRQ value is around -7 dBm in the app and -14 in the browser…
So I guess one of then is wrong!

Firmware is V1.17(ACGD.1)C0

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JonasB

Thank you for sharing your detective work findings.

Upon closer examination and based on the information you provided, we acknowledge that the signal strength displayed on the device's web homepage is currently reflecting the LTE signal strength, even when connected to a stable 5G network. We appreciate your diligence in identifying this distinction.

To address this discrepancy of signal strength, we will fix it in a future release.

Additionally, in response to your feedback about providing an additional explanation or definition of the signal strength, we will initiate a feature request to enhance the display of cellular information on the web GUI homepage. I have raised this feature request in the idea section, and you can track its progress and contribute to the discussion using the following link:

Kay

All Replies

• JonasB
    First Comment
    Options

Cellular WAN status page (/CellWanStatus) show the same values as the app so my guess it's bug in the home screen and in the /#system page….

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @JonasB

In my testing with Nebula FWA510, I observed that the signal strength values (RSRP) in the Zyxel Air APP, cellular WAN status page, and the web GUI homepage consistently displayed the same values.

To troubleshoot your case, I recommend refreshing your browser and APP to ensure the information is up to date. If the issue persists, it would be helpful if you could provide us with a video recording of the discrepancy and details about your devices.

Here are the details of my test environment:

• Nebula FWA510 firmware: 1.17(ACGD.1)C0
    • Zyxel Air APP: Version 1.1.2.230925 (Android 13)
    • Browser:
      • Google Chrome: Version 120.0.6099.200 (Official Build) (64-bit)
      • Microsoft Edge: Version 120.0.2210.91 (Official build) (64-bit)

This information will assist us in further investigating and resolving the issue you are experiencing. Thank you for your cooperation!

Kay

• JonasB
    First Comment
    Options

• 1. Showing the signal strength after starting the app and the browser (Chrome on macOS). App shows -77 and the home page of the router web shows -101
    • 2. I pressed Command-R to force refresh the GUI. It changes to -100. On the app it is still -77.
    • 3. On the "Cellwanstatus" page the same value in the browser as in the app, which should be correct?!

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @JonasB

Thanks for sharing the captures with us.

Despite our attempts to replicate your conditions, our tests using various combinations did not reveal the reported signal strength discrepancy. In our test environment, we utilized the following setup:

• Nebula FWA510 firmware: 1.17(ACGD.1)C0
    • Zyxel Air APP: Version 1.1.2.230925 (Android 13) ; Version 1.2.1 (iOS 17.2.1)
    • Browser:
      • Google Chrome on Windows 10 Pro: Version 120.0.6099.200 (Official Build) (64-bit)
      • Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Pro: Version 120.0.2210.91 (Official build) (64-bit)
      • Google Chrome on macOS version 14.0: Version 120.0.6099.199 (Official Build) (64-bit)

To better understand and resolve your specific issue, we would like to arrange a remote session with you. Here are two possible methods for the remote session:

1. Register your FWA510 to the Nebula site, enable Zyxel Support, and provide us with your org/site name.
    2. Alternatively, connect your mobile router to a PC and share the TeamViewer/Anydesk information with us through a private message. Please provide us with a convenient time for the remote session, preferably between 9 am to 6 pm (UTC+8).

Please let us know your preferred method and availability for the remote session.

Kay

• JonasB
    First Comment
    Options

Thank you for offering help but I did some detective work and found out that the signal strength shown on the device web home (start) page is actually the LTE signal strength (same as shown on the cellular info page web page under LTE information) - even though my connection is a stable 5G connection. The signal strength under 5G on the cellular info is the same as shown in the Zyxel Air app though.

Maybe you would like to do something about it in a future release and maybe include both values and maybe even an explanation (excelent, good, cell edge etc).

Kind regards Jonas

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JonasB

Thank you for sharing your detective work findings.

Upon closer examination and based on the information you provided, we acknowledge that the signal strength displayed on the device's web homepage is currently reflecting the LTE signal strength, even when connected to a stable 5G network. We appreciate your diligence in identifying this distinction.

To address this discrepancy of signal strength, we will fix it in a future release.

Additionally, in response to your feedback about providing an additional explanation or definition of the signal strength, we will initiate a feature request to enhance the display of cellular information on the web GUI homepage. I have raised this feature request in the idea section, and you can track its progress and contribute to the discussion using the following link:

Kay

Consumer Product Help Center