Pairing NAS542 with myZyXELcloud fails

Options
Nebulus
Nebulus Posts: 9  Freshman Member
edited July 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
I have managed to use NAS from my local network with all needed devices. I'm also able to connect from the internet using ftp-client and zCloud mobile application with my IP address. Zyxel Drive and creation of DDNS for my NAS requires that I have to pair my NAS to the myzyxelcloud.

I use NAS starter utility to access myzyxelcloud and I have logged in. I manually add my NAS with mac address and serial number. After confirming that I'd like to pair this device I should get blinking light on my NAS but nothing happens. After 10sec I get error that device not found.

Do I need to create port forwarding rules for this service? If "yes", which ones?

#NAS_Jul_2019

All Replies

• lodiabai
    lodiabai Posts: 120  Ally Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Is the MyZyxelCloud package of NAS542 installed?

When you login MyZyxelCloud (https://mycloud.zyxel.com/), do you able to see it in the portal?

If you used "Network Diagnosis" to ping out, what is the result?

Please make that is your router supported UPnP feature and enable or not?

You can go to "Control Panel > UPnP Port Mapping > UPnP Router" to check this information.

• Nebulus
    Options
    Hmm, this is interesting. Thank you for your reply!

I'm not sure what do you mean by "Is the MyZyxelCloud package of NAS542 installed?"...

MyZyxelCloud service doesn't show my NAS. I haven't told anywhere which are my cloud credentials. So I don't understand how it should be there. Local admin portal shows account e-mail to be -- at myZyxelCould settings. I have installed cloud agent on my NAS. Even that ping doesn't give any result.

I just reinstalled myZyxelCloud agent on my NAS and it didn't help.

I think that UPnP settings are fine. I have access to my NAS from my local network and from the internet.
  • lodiabai
    Options
    I'm not sure what do you mean by "Is the MyZyxelCloud package of NAS542 installed?"...
    I'm talking about myZyxelCloud agent ...

Even that ping doesn't give any result.
    Do you mean "Network Diagnosis"? Can you share the screenshot?
    If the ping result is not Success, there is a problem between Internet <-> your NAS542.

When you go to "Control Panel > UPnP Port Mapping > UPnP Router" to check, what is the status on it?

Can you provide your network topology? And that computer you used to access MyZyxelCloud (https://mycloud.zyxel.com/), does it and your NAS542 existed in the same local network?

Your NAS542's IP is used "Automatically" or "Manually"?
  • Nebulus
    Options
    I can access my NAS using any device when I'm on local network. From the internet I'm able to connect using my own IP address added port number.

Using any FTP application: ftp://myip.ddns.net:9597
    Using Zyxel zCloud application: https://myip.ddns.net:65535

Computer which I'm trying to pair my NAS to the cloud is in the same local network as NAS.
    • myZyXELcloud-Agent is installed
    • UPnP Router status is green: "Found UPnP supported router"
    • NAS's IP address is set manually to be 192.168.1.98 on both my router and NAS setup
    • "Control Panel > Network > TCP/IP > Network Diagnosis" ping gives following message: "Failed to receive response from a.root-servers.net, please try another host or check the network status."
  • Nebulus
    Options

• lodiabai
    Options
    I think there is a problem about the setting of DNS server on your NAS542, it may cause the result of Network Diagnosis failed.

To change Primary DNS server of your NAS542 as 8.8.8.8 or your router/modem's LAN IP, do not set Primary DNS server as your NAS542's IP.

After that, please test Network Diagnosis again. If it works, please to go myZyxelCloud server (https://mycloud.zyxel.com/) to check/pair your NAS542 again to see if there is any improvement.
  • Nebulus
    Options
    Sorry, I have no idea what this means:

"To change Primary DNS server of your NAS542 as 8.8.8.8 or your router/modem's LAN IP, do not set Primary DNS server as your NAS542's IP."

So, I need to go to "Control Panel > Network > TCP/IP > Network Interface" and give new settings to my LAN1 interface. I have no idea what to change here. I tried to change it from manually to automatic and following message appears:

I did all 3 steps and the settings look like this:

How do I set this up?
  • Nebulus
    Options
    Oh, forgot to post ping results:

• Nebulus
    Options
    Oh, after that post I wanted to check myZyXELcloud again and now my device is there automatically and pairing worked. I have to run to the office now. I'll check everything again when I get back home.
  • lodiabai
    Options
    I mean here to set as 8.8.8.8.

What things you changed to get "Success" ping result?
    So, are you able to see your NAS542 on myZyXELcloud server now? And you have paired it successfully?

Consumer Product Help Center