Do I need to pay for Twonky Media Server

ChrisL
ChrisL Posts: 1
edited September 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
I have a home setup which uses a NAS326 with the supplied Twonky Media server on it  to allow me to to play the music stored on the NAS throughout my house and I have been paying a minimal amount to Twonky for this facility. As I am only using my NAS for this facility do I need to pay Twonky? or am I wasting my money? My P.C. is running Windows 10 so I am not able to access Twonky any more on it. Has anyone any suggestions, polite only please..     

#NAS_Sep_2019

All Replies

• Edwardc
    Edwardc Posts: 55  Ally Member
    Using NAS326, you don't pay to Twonky.
    What kind of the problem you encountered?

And can you explain more detail about "My P.C. is running Windows 10 so I am not able to access Twonky any more on it."? Is there any screenshots?
  • You need to set two controls in the Dashboard:

1. Use the Shares|Public|Share Profile|Media Serving control in the Dashboard to enable media serving on the Public share (or whichever share(s) you have stored your media on).

2. Use the Settings|Media|DLNA Media Server|Media Streaming control in the Dashboard to turn on the Twonky Media Server.

The Twonky server will now start scanning for media klingeltöne kostenlos, and build its database.

• No. You don't have to pay for it

Consumer Product Help Center