NSA325v2 UPnP not working with myzyxel cloud

Geri
Geri Posts: 5  Freshman Member
edited October 2017 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi Guys,

I've been using my NSA325v2 NSA for a long time, but so far I have not been able to set the zyxel mycloud agent properly. I still cannot access my NAS remotely, because there might be some issue with my UPnP settings on my router device.

When I try to click on "UPnP settings" on the myzyxelcloud page:

After a while (trying to load the setting for a long), I always get the following error:

I also checked the UPnP protocol on the NAS administration page, but the issue can be found there as well:

In my router (which is an older and not so beloved device) I could set the UPnP feauture but based on the result above it does not seem to be working at all. I got this router from my UPC Internet service provider.

I guess the problem is with the router itself, but I wanted to post this issue here if anyone else faced the same/similar case. It would be very helpful, because I don't want to buy a new router in vain.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Geri

#NAS_October

Comments

• Johan
    Johan Posts: 27  Freshman Member
    Try uninstalling the MyZyXELCloud-Agent, setting the NAS to static IP and make sure you are running the latest firmware. Then install the MyZyXELCloud-Agent again.

No matter if you tried all steps, try re-installing the agent.

If you are on a Apple PC make sure you have tried with a different browser such as Firefox, Chrome and/or Opera.
  • Geri
    Thanks for your suggestion, @Johan
    I have the latest firmware and I am using Chrome in Windows. I already tried it with Windows Edge, but did not help.
    Unfortunately, the reinstall did not fix this issue. I still get the same error message:

And as I wrote in my original post, in NAS admin page when I go to UDnP port map settings I got the following:

Thank you
    Geri
  • Johan
    It does sound like your router is the issue yes, what is the model?
  • Fredzoul1
    Fredzoul1 Posts: 97  Ally Member
    @Geri,
    If your routeur don't have UPnP, you have to open port and redirect manually to your NAS with static IP and normally it's ok after that
  • Johan
    @Fredzoul1
    His router has UPnP as specified in original post. However I believe his router have issues with the UPnP. But I have yet not the information of which model his router is.
  • Fredzoul1
    edited October 2017
    Ok, thanks you, i missed this information on the post :-) Good eyes :-)

• Geri
    Hi @Johan
    The model is Technicolor TC7200. I don't really like this router, but it got it from my Internet Service Provider for free. :smile:

Thanks for having a look at my post, @Fredzoul1
    This router has this UDnP feature, but it does not seem to be working fine  :|
    Yeah, you might be right that I should play with the port forwarding.
  • Geri
    Thank you All for all the help.
    Finally, the only solution was to replace the router which I got from my Internet Service Provider. Now I use TPLINK Archer AC750 without any issue.  B)
  • Fredzoul1
    @Geri,
    Ok thanks for your reply, and we are happy if the default is resolved and to know that the NAS is not the problem :-)

Consumer Product Help Center