NFS and CIFS/SMB togheter

Knugen
Knugen Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited April 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
Are there any limitations with NAS326 that would prevent me from running a NFS-server and CIFS/SMB-share togheter on the same device?

#NAS_April

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    AFAIK not. But you can't publish the same share on both NFS and Samba. (Using the webinterface. Using ssh it is possible)
  • baybora
    baybora Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    Hi
    I have nas326 too.
    I am using it with apple tv 4k & infuse.

I cannot share the files in Nas with nfs system. Infuse sees the folder which I shared is empty. ( no file) 
    I did everything. No succeeded... 
    I already  shared same folder via smb without any problem. I want to try and share same folder via nfs. 
    What should I do?
    Thanks in advance. 
  • Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Have you installed the package of NFS from APP center?
    And setup the NFS folder?
    NFS folder default is hidden, and you can unhide it and access it via SMB, maybe you can share the screenshot here to see the clue.
  • baybora
    Hi,
    I already shared video folder via smb without any issue.And still connected. Infuse uses it.
    But, the people say "nfs is quicker than smb". So ı wanted to try and see it.
    You will see the pictures below. I installed nfs application and setup it to share "video" folder. But
    Infuse saw it "no files - in it" everytime.
    Please check photos.
    Thanks

• baybora
    edited April 2018
    creating nfs folder?   :open_mouth: 
  • Ijnrsi
    The NFS folder is under /i-data/f3606bb1/nfs/, but the default video folder is  under /i-data/f3606bb1, so if you put the file under /i-data/f3606bb1/video, and through NFS, then you cannot see the file, they is why you see empty.

• baybora
    Would you please say me the clearly, "what should ı do exactly than" ?
    If possible step by step
    Thanks
  • Ijnrsi
    edited April 2018
    Let me explain more, since the nfs folder was created under /i-data/f3606bb1/, but didn't display on your shard folder list, so you need to create a share folder and name "nfs" on your screenshot 2, then it might be possible to link to your NFS folder, and you can see the video under nfs folder.
    And it would be more easier to upload/download file to your nfs folder via CIFS/SMB, and share to Apple tv via NFS
  • baybora
    I did anotder folder to share named nfs and did nfs share again. Am i wright?
    Thanks

• baybora
    edited April 2018
    In theory, nfs folder which ı created 2 minutes a go is totaly empty by the way.
    Should ı copy all my movies inside the "video" folder to nfs folder again to able to find by the apple tv 4k player?

Consumer Product Help Center