baybora Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    Options
    september is finished. still no news  :#
  • Teligence
    Teligence Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Me too - can't delete files/folders on my NAS326 with File Browser since the ZyXel-prompted upgrade to 5.21.
    Does ZyXel even look at these forums, or is it more like google which is practically completely dependent on the technical expertise, experiences, and graces of the user community?
  • Ativde
    Ativde Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    Options
    Same problem fter update...
    Any solution?
    Someone knows how to downgrade the firmware?
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,613  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Someone knows how to downgrade the firmware?

https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/2888#Comment_2888

• pkas
    pkas Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    Options
    Just spoke with ZyXel support.  They are still working on a fix -- I was told that they are targeting November.  

However -- you can mount the NAS to your Mac (and probably PC).  On the Mac, use Finder, and, via the menu, select Go | Connect to server

Type in the address of your server, answer the few popups.  Then you can do all your file operations in the Mac's native Finder.  Much better than the NAS File Browser.

Regards,
    pkas
  • Mattius
    Mattius Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It's now October. I am appalled that I am unable to copy/move/delete folders or files since the last f/w update. I spoke to Zyxel earlier & have been told that no fix is due until the end of November!! This has gone on for far too long! I am utterly shocked that Zyxel are taking this ridiculous amount of time to sort this. I vote we should get the lawyers in!
  • baybora
    baybora Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
     Think about a Nas device which can not do it's basic job :(
  • Zetec76
    Zetec76 Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Options
    I have the same bios.When I create a folder, it doesn't appear in file browser and Windows cannot open it but the system log say "new share created". Someone have the same problem?
  • pkas
    pkas Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    Options
    One thing to consider - Network Attached Storage devices are designed first and foremost as mountable storage.  The file operations work fine if the device is mounted (see my post on 3-Oct).  The lackluster (and now, critically buggy) web interface to the NAS is problematic, for sure, but, if you mount the storage on your PC/Mac/Linux, you can do everything you want to do with respect to file and directory management.  Drag and drop, bulk transfer, shell operations, and more.

I am not defending the buggy NAS software.  I just want users to know that the alternative (mounting the NAS) works very well and might be (perhaps more than) acceptable until (and, perhaps, after) the bugs are fixed.

pkas

Consumer Product Help Center