Static IP for Multy Plus in Bridge Mode?

Skoobaskunk
Skoobaskunk Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited May 2019 in Multy WiFi System
Is it possible to assign a static IP address to the Multy Plus (WSQ60) whilst the device is in Bridge/AP mode?

I managed to achieve this during the inital set-up of the primary device (I have 3 WSQ60's in my current configurartion) in router mode, which then carried over when the mode was chnaged to Bridge mode.  However, I then needed to change the static IP to another address and I now just get presented with a 10.0.0.1 range and my IP changes aren't saved, despite the device telling me that my changes have been saved.

My Billion 7800DX handles all DHCP allocation and I have a reserved range from 192.168.1.4 - 35 and ideally wanted to assign each Multy a static address from the end of this range 33, 34 and 35 respectively.

#MultyPlus_May_2019

Comments

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited May 2019
    Hi Skoobaskunk,

If your WSQ60 is bridge mode, you should able to assign the specified IP address to it from upper layer router. I checked User Manual of BiPAC 7800DX(L), it has the feature of Static IP.
    https://www.billion.uk.com/user_manual/User_Manual-BiPAC7800DX-7800DXL.pdf

For my NBG6817 router, it has Static DHCP feature which I can set the specified IP address to the specified device.

• Skoobaskunk
    Thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed response, but unfortunately this did not work for me.
  • Skoobaskunk
    Correction Hanamichi this worked, just took a while to release the DHCP assigned address and replace it withe static IP.  Thank you so much :)

Consumer Product Help Center