GS1900-8 - does it disable the switch of my router?

no_bug_feature
no_bug_feature Posts: 1
edited November 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
Good day,

I want to keep this as simple as possible in order to not waste your time:

I do run a so called FritzBox 7580 at home. It´s basically my all-in-one solution in order to obtain WAN from my ISP, create a WLAN and take care of DHCP etc. It also incorporates a four port gigabit switch. Since I use more than four ethernet ports I purchased a ZyXel GS 1900-8 switch. Currently I occupy 7 of 8 ports.

Between the ZyXel switch and said FritzBox I run one ehternet cable. That leaves three ports at the back of the FritzBox unoccupied. Sometimes I need to connect temporary devices via ethernet to my network. And since the FritzBox is physically easier to reach for me than the ZyXel switch (it lives in a closet) I hook up an ethernet cable to the FritzBox, when there is need.

And thats where my issue is: For some reason I can´t access neither internet nor my local NAS when I connect the ethernet cable to the FritzBox. However, when I plug it into the ZyXel switch everything works as it should.

I am really confused by this and would like to kindly ask for your help. I am assuming the solution is really rather simple.

#Biz_Nov_2019

All Replies

• Sakura_T
    Sakura_T Posts: 101  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2019
    It seems that there may be certain security policy or firewall on your FritzBox 7580 and "block" traffic of particular port/host.
    Try find guys of FritzBox to clarify the settings, the way I see the Zyxel switch has no problem at all in your case.

Consumer Product Help Center