how do i add another multy x

how do i add another multy x
we have 2, we had to unplug the 2nd one, so had to reset when plugged back in, reset he primary one, working but the second one is buetooth failure, it always worked until then, nothing had changed, can you help?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

To add another Multy X, please make sure the Root Multy device has been set up.
    When the Root Multy LED light is solid white, then you can start to install the second one.
    You can put the second one next to the Root Multy to do the installation.
    When the second Multy LED light is blinking blue, you can start to add the second Multy on the Multy APP, after done the step on the Multy APP. The second Multy LED light will go to solid white and you can unplug the second Multy power adapter and put the Multy device to the location you would like to place.

Best regards,
    Jerry

• Thanks, when you say "The second Multy LED light will go to solid white and you can unplug the second Multy power adapter", at that I will also need to unplug the other cable out of the second multy and plug it back in?
  • Hi, I realise that we use a TP link for the second multy, which means that we have 2 cables for the second multy as it is bit further than 10 meters, it always worked until i unplugged it, now it wouldn't re-set, do i still need to follow the same steps without the second cable and then use the second cable when i my my second multy where i want it to be?
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Estelle

When install the second Multy, need to build up wifi backhaul between two Multy devices first.
    after build-up, if you would like to build an ethernet backhaul between Multy device,
    Below is the link how to add the 2nd node and how to build a ethernet backhaul on multy x
    https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/5649/how-to-add-the-2nd-node#latest
    https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/8606/how-to-build-a-ethernet-backhaul-on-multy-x-multy-plus-and-multy-mini

Best regards,
    Jerry

Consumer Product Help Center