No Client Data in Nebula from NWA110AX

Ian_ML
Ian_ML Posts: 6
Good afternoon.
I have set up a NWA11AX in Nebula and the AP is working fine. However, there is no data displayed in the Clients section at all. I am new to Nebula so may be missing something obvious. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

All Replies

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Ian_ML,
    When the client connects to the AP, the client information will update to the Access point> Monitor> Clients in few minutes because the NCC needs to sync the information from the AP.
    If you don't get any client information on this page after waiting over 5 minutes, please let us know the name of the organization and site, and help to enable Zyxel support in HELP> Support request for us to check detail of your site.
  • Ian_ML
    Hi Freda. Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, your reply went into my junk mail and I have only just read it. I started over again this morning but it is still not working. The organization name is "Devonport High School for Girls" and the site is called "DHSG". I have now enabled the support option in help. Thank you.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Hi @Ian_ML,
    I just checked the site, and currently there's no client connected on the AP. So, I checked the connected clients in 24 hours, and they are shown in the client list. 

And, the client traffic info is shown in the summary report as well. 

So, are above pages that you monitor for the client? If not, please screenshot the issue page to us and we'll check it.
  • Ian_ML
    Thank you Freda. I had a call logged with Zyxel support and I think they must have done something remotely as it just started working late yesterday afternoon. I will do some more tests today but hopefully it is now resolved.
  • bymusty
    bymusty Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    Hi @Ian_ML,
    When the client connects to the AP, the client information will update to the Access point> Monitor> Clients in few minutes because the NCC needs to sync the information from the AP.
    If you don't get any client information on this page after waiting over 5 minutes, please let us know the name of the organization and site, and help to enable Zyxel support in HELP> Support request for us to check detail of your site.
    Hi Freda 

the same problem exists in many of my organizations. Especially in Nebula free version. Although there are many clients connected, no information appears in nebula. Exp ORGANIZAON NAME = HK_ENERGY

• Ian_ML
    edited May 2021
    Well I thought it was working but have come back this morning and it is not showing data again. I have three devices all connected to the ssid configured in nebula, all able to browse the internet but nebula shows 0 connected devices, even after 30mins.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Thanks for update and please do not hesitate to let me know if the issue happened again.

When you login to the organization of NCC, you would see the "Welcome back" message with below information:
    You haven't logged in to this Organization over 30 days.
    NCC has deactivated the collection of the traffic stats (except for the device's event log for troubleshooting) to conserve bandwidth & cloud resources.
    You may disable cloud-saving mode on the banner and NCC will resume data collection.

Organizations in cloud-saving mode does not monitor/poll device or network activity except event logs, so you would not see the related information.
    You may enable to click change mode link as below screenshot.

And disable the cloud-saving mode to let the NCC start to  sync information with the AP after click "here" in above screenshot.

• Ian_ML
    Thank you for this but I don't see this option at login. We are using the free version if that is relevant.
  • bymusty
    Thanks for update and please do not hesitate to let me know if the issue happened again.

When you login to the organization of NCC, you would see the "Welcome back" message with below information:
    NCC has deactivated the collection of the traffic stats (except for the device's event log for troubleshooting) to conserve bandwidth & cloud resources.
    You may disable cloud-saving mode on the banner and NCC will resume data collection.

Organizations in cloud-saving mode does not monitor/poll device or network activity except event logs, so you would not see the related information.

And disable the cloud-saving mode to let the NCC start to  sync information with the AP after click "here" in above screenshot.

Hi Freda

I did it as you say and the information started to decline. But when I tried it this way before, it didn't work. Thank you, our problem has been solved.
  • bymusty
    Hi Again Freda

I think there is a technical problem with the platform. After disabling the cloud saving mode, the information started to come, but after a certain period of time, the cloud saving mode became nable again in the same organization and the client information started to drop. I have tried in other organizations, all of them have similar problems. You can see the sample picture about the subject in the appendix.

Nebula Tips & Tricks