change channel on multy x

Chanter
Chanter Posts: 6  Freshman Member
edited February 2020 in Multy WiFi System
how do i change output channel on multy x?
Thanks

#MultyX_Feb_2020

All Replies

• I have the same problem with my Multy U. It prefers band 2 on 2.4 but there are two other networks at that band. I rebooted the device but nothing chenged so I factory resetted both multies but it was on band 2 again.

2.4 is free after band 7 but it always prefers band 2 somehow, please add manuel channel selection.
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Dear Sir,

We don't have plan to add the Channel selection on the Multy in the future.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • I have the very same problem. İt didn't switch channels and use crowded channels.
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @haruntan,

Multy Plus support changing the 2.4G channel, the other Multy model do not support changing the channel.
    Thanks for your understanding.

• vzstrict
    vzstrict Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Friend Collector
    edited November 2021
    @Zyxel_Eric @Zyxel_Jerry how can we request new feature to be able to change the channel manually? It's impossible to use Multy X. It can't choose the right channel. I can't tell all my neighbors to reconfigure thier  routers everytime when Multy X choose "wrong" channel.
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2021
    Hi @vzstrict

Multy X supports auto-selection channel, it will scan of the available channels on the frequency range. The channel we selected is based on a wireless environment. If the device often choose a crowded channel, you can try to place the device in other placement.
    Or you can consider to buy a Multy Plus, Multy Plus support to change 2.4G channel manually.

Consumer Product Help Center