Recovery Steps for USG FLEX/ATP Series Application Patrol Signature Issue
The App Patrol signature release V22.214.171.12420310.0 may create parsing error on device for both on-premises and on-cloud modes, application patrol daemon will not work well after updating this new signature though the rest of UTM features keep running. However, the worst case is that device may get stuck if device did rebooting further no matter manually or by schedule
Follow the instructions to recover the affected device temporarily.
1. Connect the device directly via the console port using a terminal emulation program. Reboot the device and enter debug mode.
2. Switch to another firmware partition. Type atcd 1 to use firmware partition 1.
3. Type atgo to boot up device.
- If the device is still stuck in reboot loop, repeat the step 1 and step 2 to retry. In step 2, type atcd 2 to use firmware partition 2 to boot up.
4. After the device boots up successfully, access the device via FTP from LAN to get the previous startup-configuration file.
Note: If you are unable to access the device using the latest administrative account, click here to reset the password.
5. Go to /standby_conf and download startup-config.conf. This is the latest configuration file device using before meeting the reboot issue.
6. If you want to apply this configuration file to device, you must:
- Upgrade the same firmware version as that one before the issue happen to Running partition. Do not upgrade to Standby partition to avoid the issue happening again.
- After you completed upgrade firmware, upload and apply the startup-config.conf that you downloaded in step 5.
7. We fix the reboot issue in ZLD5.21 patch 1. Do NOT reboot to the Standby partition until you get the fixed patch.
8. If the device cannot boot up with both firmware partitions, use firmware recovery to recover the device using version 5.21 P1. See Appendix 3. Firmware Recovery on page 55 in the release note.
9. In the process of firmware recovery, if you find the following error messages on console, check Windows Firewall settings and disable Windows Firewall temporarily on your laptop.
- 6.8K All Categories
- 1.4K Nebula
- 29 Nebula Ideas
- 37 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 3.9K Security
- 200 Security Ideas
- 723 Switch
- 30 Switch Ideas
- 601 WirelessLAN
- 8 WLAN Ideas
- 4.5K Consumer Product
- 98 Service & License
- 214 New and Release
- 68 Stories
- 38 Security Advisories
- 512 FAQ
- 237 Nebula FAQ
- 117 Security FAQ
- 72 Switch FAQ
- Network Reliability
- Network Security
- Layer 3 Switching & Routing
- Surveillance / ONVIF
- Other Topics
- 65 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 5 Consumer Product FAQ
- 30 Nebula Monthly Express
- 43 About Community
- 31 Security Highlight