Connection troubles with NR7101 after every 24 - 48 hours

Comments

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 266  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    I bought my NR7101 from ebay and the seller had the same problem. I don't use the power adapter, i use a switch to power it up. I also use same switch to power my wifi outdoor antenna. It works like a charm without dropouts. I WONDER IF THE POWER ADAPTER IS THE PROBLEM or which country it's in use? I'm a maniac who bought it but it was very cheap. Following text is from the ebayseller.....

Der Router lief nach Installation ca. 1,5 Wochen ohne Probleme, danach verlor er ca. 2 mal im Abstand von 3-4 Tagen die Internetverbindung, bzw. mein Multy X System von Zyxel konnte keine Verbindung mehr über das Internet aufbauen, wenn ich aber den Router über LAN direkt an einem Notebook angeschlossen habe, funktionierte das Internet. Abhilfe schaffte nur ein kompletter Reset des Routers, danach funktionierte es wieder für ein paar Tage ohne Probleme.
    Da ich nicht die Zeit habe festzustellen, woran es nun liegt, Verkaufe ich ihn hier als Defekt. Bei Geboten bitte ich dies zu Berücksichtigen, da er über einen Provider aus Österreich Verkauft wurde kann ich auch nicht Sagen, ob noch Garantie auf dem Gerät ist, laut Abfrage bei Zyxel ist die nicht mehr der Fall.
  • RisTo
    RisTo Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited April 2022
    My power injector died after 8 months, it shorted out and output was measured at 0 Volts. I bought Ubiquiti injector to replace that, did not even bother to RMA it. Still had cutouts with the new injector. Also had one SIM die shortly after the injector committed suicide.
  • SELBERG
    edited April 2022
    I think this also helps a lot!

• RisTo
    edited April 2022
    Update: Connection cut out today, had to reboot to resolve. So module updates with V5 firmware did not solve the issue for me. I would add log here, but after reboot the log is completely empty!
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    edited April 2022
    Hello @RisTo

Did you lose connection to the NR7101 or just to the Internet?

was the NR7101 completely unresponsive to Ping or anything from a computer / device on the LAN?

What was the colour of the LED and was it blinking please?

It might help Zyxel to track down issues...

Kind regards,
        Tony
  • tonygibbs16
    edited April 2022
    Hello @RisTo

Maybe setting a scheduled reboot every 24 hours daily, see what @SELBERG wrote above, might be a workaround for you until Zyxel has a fix...

Kind regards,
         Tony

• RisTo
    Hello @RisTo

Did you lose connection to the NR7101 or just to the Internet?

was the NR7101 completely unresponsive to Ping or anything from a computer / device on the LAN?

What was the colour of the LED and was it blinking please?

It might help Zyxel to track down issues...

Kind regards,
        Tony
    Hi, I was able to connect to NR7101 thru LAN and it showed 5G NSA connection was still up. But it did not handle any traffic... I did not try the ping test on maintenance menu at this time, but earlier it also did not work when connectivity froze.

That reboot schedule is weekly, I would appreciate if Zyxel would implement daily schedule option. Or fix this connectivity issue some other way.
  • tonygibbs16
    Hello @RisTo

Thanks for your reply. 

I have not got a NR7101 myself, but looking at the screenshot that @SELBERG posted, it seems that it would be possible for yourself to set-up a daily reboot schedule as a workaround for what you are experiencing.

This could help you...whilst waiting for Zyxel to come up with a fix.

Kind regards,
           Tony
  • RisTo
    edited April 2022
    tonygibbs16 It is possible to choose only one day of the week for scheduled reboot. When trying to add another day, only one, the latest, stays selected.  
  • SELBERG
    edited April 2022
    Read this........ 

https://www.lteforum.at/mobilfunk/zyxel-nr7101-fb-7530-stoerung.17104/seite-12.html#post-369748

If anyone of you also uses Telekom D1 (APN internet.t-d1.de) with a public IPv4 address that allows accepting incoming connections, I can advise you to daily reboot the device (to force obtaining a new modem dial and fresh IPv4 address). I noticed that roughly after 24...48 hours of uptime Telekom blocked incoming connections partially, mainly originating from Telekom mobile data clients like my phone. It's kind of obscure, because connections originating from Telekom or O2 DSL I've tested still could connect to my server running on T-D1. I read somewhere on telekom-hilft.de in a forum thread, that this is intended behaviour of Telekom to keep business users away from running permanent servers with a static IP address while on mobile data APN internet.t-d1.de .

The workaround is: Put a daily reboot of your Quectel NR 7101 in place and since I did that, my incoming connections worked - regardless where they originated from.

And read also this............

https://www.lteforum.at/mobilfunk/zyxel-nr7101-mit-fb7530-passthrough-usw.18898/#post-368329

Bei mir hatte er auch 5G-SA angezeigt aber ohne Signalstärke (N/A). Funktioniert hatte es trotzdem aber ich hatte mehrmals täglich nervige Reconnects.

Seit dem Upgrade auf FW „V1.00(ABUV.6)b2_E0“ und LTE-Modul FW auf „RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G“ läuft alles störungsfrei. Diese Versionen wurden mir zum Online-Update angeboten.

Consumer Product Help Center