LTE3316-M604 reboot planning

Options
PlanetInfo
PlanetInfo Posts: 1
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
I need to schedule the router to restart because it randomly loses 4G connection. The only way to get it back is to manually restart the router, which isn't practical.
How can i do this?
Thanks

All Replies

• Miaa
    Miaa Posts: 28  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi PlanetInfo, how about the LTE signal strength while it loses 4G connection? You may check the RSRP values on GUI Cellular WAN Status page.
  • Floorking61
    Options
    Hi, i have the same issue. Can someone please explain how to schedule a reboot?
    thx
  • RayC
    RayC Posts: 3
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I have the same problem, it just randomly drop connection. If it connecting on LTE-A mode it happen more offten, so I set it to connect to single band now, it help a bit. there should something need to be fixed in the firmware.
  • thaischumi
    Options
    I think the problem isn't on our (modem) side, but on the ISP/BTS's side, so reboot the modem isn't necessary, only need to reset the cellular connection, it will be faster (may be 10 seconds or less, instead of reboot the modem will make you offline for a minute or more)

One time when i got the connection dropped, to find where the problem is I tried to reset the cellular connection instead of reboot the modem by made some changes in the settings (for example changing the 4g band) and it went online again for some hours/days. Cellular connection wasn't designed for 24/7 connectivity, phones don't have this problem because they switch between bts (and bands) very often when they move.

So just add a function, some thing likes cellular connection reset scheduler or combination of ping watchdog for auto reset the connection.
  • RayC
    RayC Posts: 3
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I now use the LTE3316-M604 in IP pass throught mode, and connect a Asus router that supports Merlin and setup this script ( https://github.com/MartineauUK/Chk-WAN  ) to monitor the WAN status and reset the WAN. That will be great if LTE3316-M604 can just add the fucntion to monitor the WAN and restore.
  • thaischumi
    Options
    So this time changing settings in broadband section didn't help. LTE light blinking and signal light is red. Like the modem section in the unit got frozen. Reset the unit was only way to make it work again.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Smells like a LTE firmware path to solve the issue...

Consumer Product Help Center