Mesh doesnt work: 2 x NWA55AXE

Options
rehashed
rehashed Posts: 3
I have configured 2 NWA55AXE as access points. I have enabled smart mesh.
In the "Access points" monitor, it only ever shows an empty uplink AP. 
When I detach one of the devices from the lan, it loses connection. 
I dont see any way to debug/diagnose this issue in nebula.

All Replies

• rehashed
    Options
    Well this is even more frustrating. After waiting for ages, trying multiple times, and now posting this message it is working. How can I debug issues like this? It seems I can no longer log in to the device directly if im using nebula.
  • rehashed
    Options
    OK - this is just as frustrating. After powercycling the non-connected device, it never brings up the wifi. It seems it needs to be connected to a LAN in order to start up. RMA time.
  • Zyxel_Jay
    Zyxel_Jay Posts: 163  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @rehashed

Welcome to Zyxel Community

Here is a smart mesh article for you to refer to. https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/10160/nebula-how-to-extend-wireless-coverage-with-smart-mesh

Please connect both APs on the wired cable and deploy them to the locations after the configuration is up to date. This way configure can confirm that it has been pushed from Nebula to Access Point.

If your mesh still doesn’t work, please let two access points connect to the LAN.

And please help us enable the "Invite Zyxel support as administrator" feature for us.

You can find it on the path of Help -> Support request and enable it (please refer to the attachment) then we can check the configuration for you. 

And please PM your org/site so that we can find you.

Sincerely

Zyxel_JayPreview

Nebula Tips & Tricks