First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    755 and 156510  is MCC 2 = vodafon
    i have telekom = MCC 1
  • BrandSafway
    BrandSafway Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    I noticed this at one of my locations as well.
    A co-worker has the latest iPhone connected to 5G and can reach 500mbit down on the roof next to the Zyxel NR701 using the same provider with 5G. While the Zyxel is connected to the same cell, it can only reach 100mbit down. I suspect QOS on the carrier side or that the iPhone is doing dual carrier and the Zyxel can't with the current firmware module.

What is the advantage of setting "PS only" over "combined"?

btw i have 8 Zyxel NR7101 currently running on 8 different sites across different carriers and they all run stable with the latest available device and modem firmware module. can't wait to test zyxels update for dual carrier firmware.
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 267  Master Member
    Options
    I noticed this at one of my locations as well.
    A co-worker has the latest iPhone connected to 5G and can reach 500mbit down on the roof next to the Zyxel NR701 using the same provider with 5G. While the Zyxel is connected to the same cell, it can only reach 100mbit down. I suspect QOS on the carrier side or that the iPhone is doing dual carrier and the Zyxel can't with the current firmware module.

What is the advantage of setting "PS only" over "combined"?

btw i have 8 Zyxel NR7101 currently running on 8 different sites across different carriers and they all run stable with the latest available device and modem firmware module. can't wait to test zyxels update for dual carrier firmware.
    100M, not a LAN problem?
    I had that problem due to a faulty ethernet cable.
    Changed it and now i have 1000M/Full.

• BrandSafway
    BrandSafway Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    Options
    I was actually on site the other day and was able to confirm that the LAN connection on the router was showing 1000M/Full. We did another test with the employee's iPhone. It easily reached 500mbit next to the Zyxel. I suspect either ISP QOS based on IMEI or carrier aggregation on the iPhone.
  • benmaxky
    Options

Your comparison is necessary because it will help companies improve high speed for users. Sonnries123

• emreoez
    emreoez Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

how does this ended up for you? I'm having the same problem. Also Germany and Telekom.

I'm not able to force the router to 5G. On auto everything works well but only around 3-400mbit dl / 120mbit ul.

Forcing it down to NR5G-SA ends up without internet connection at all, filling up the cellular lock 5g field manually with the information from the PCI scan ends up also without internet.

Consumer Product Help Center