Can anyone advice how to fix Co channel interference

businessuer
businessuer Posts: 134  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
Particularly in nebula Ncc.
Any articles to read is appreciated.

All Replies

• I haven't have fixed it manually yet, but I knw one thing, you need to turn off a lot of the 2.4 GHz radios in dual-frequency access points and rely more of the coverage provided by the 5 GHz AP radios to meet density needs. I hope I could help you. If not, my appologies. :)
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited August 2022

Dear Customer.

There are some ways to lower the co-channel interference.

1. Channel planning: We suggest turning on the DCS feature, and setting the DCS schedule at midnight and disabling client aware to avoid serve impact. To know more about DCS configuration, please take a look at this FAQ https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/14121 

2. Fine tune AP power: We could select the Deployment selection based on your AP deployment, or custom to set the customize power value by going to Access point >> Configure >> Radio settings >> Deployment selection & Maximum output power

3. Adjust channel width: Choose 40MHz or 20MHz instead of 80MHz to lower the co-channel interference. To configure this issue, please go to Access point >> Configure >> Radio settings >> Channel width

4. AP deployment: Well deployment can greatly improve the effective wireless transmission and reduce the error and re-transfer mission packets, we suggest using the ceiling mount and avoid shielding between AP and client.

Judy

• businessuer
    businessuer Posts: 134  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Dear Customer.

There are some ways to lower the co-channel interference.

1. Channel planning: We suggest turning on the DCS feature, and setting the DCS schedule at midnight and disabling client aware to avoid serve impact. To know more about DCS configuration, please take a look at this FAQ https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/14121 

2. Fine tune AP power: We could select the Deployment selection based on your AP deployment, or custom to set the customize power value by going to Access point >> Configure >> Radio settings >> Deployment selection & Maximum output power

3. Adjust channel width: Choose 40MHz or 20MHz instead of 80MHz to lower the co-channel interference. To configure this issue, please go to Access point >> Configure >> Radio settings >> Channel width

4. AP deployment: Well deployment can greatly improve the effective wireless transmission and reduce the error and re-transfer mission packets, we suggest using the ceiling mount and avoid shielding between AP and client.

Are there any recommended channel width settings? 
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

To lower the co-channel interference, normally, you can adjust from 80MHz to 40MHz. If the situation is not better, then down to 20MHz.

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks