Migration path from NSG to USGFLEX/ATP

Options
MartyWalter
MartyWalter Posts: 32  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
edited August 2022 in Nebula Ideas
Updating from an NSG device to a USGFLEX or ATP device is a time consuming process. It requires you to remove the NSG Device from Nebula before you can add the USG lflex or ATP device.  It does not seem to carryover any of the programming such as security policies interface addresses etc.

it would be great if there was a migration path to simplify this process. As the older NSG devices go to end of life we will be needing to upgrade more and more.
2 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Without plan in USG FLEX & ATP series

Comments

• MartyWalter
    MartyWalter Posts: 32  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    Update - Still trying to migrate the customer from the NSG300 to an ATP700.  Simply removing the NSG device and adding the ATP device does not work.  When you do so, you receive a message 'This site had been used NSG300 on before, so can't be add NSG\NSG100\NSG200 into this site" 

It does not seem possible to migrate.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,632  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

If any user needs migration, please contact @Zyxel_CSO.

Zyxel Melen

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 136  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    Options

While there is no Migration path I find the best option is to create a new site in Nebula. Add the Flex to this site and then manually copy over the config. It sounds a chore but doesn't really take too long so long as you don't have a complex large network.

Once I swap out the devices I then clone site settings etc from the old NSG site to the Flex site and move the switches and AP's to the Flex site.

Nebula Tips & Tricks