Multy M1 vs Multy Plus?

Hi,

I was wondering if any of the zyxel techs could answer this question:

Is the Multy M1 less capable/powerful than the Multy Plus system in terms of being overpowered by other Wi-Fi networks?

I have the Multy Plus and am considering replacing it with the M1, but looking through the Multy M1 user guide under "Get to Know Your Multy WiFi System" the M1 seems to be significantly less featured in the comparison charts and this has me wondering which is better...? Thanks in advance

All Replies

• hinagan602
    hinagan602 Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 2023

Multy M1 (WSM20), Multy Plus (WSQ60), Multy U (WSR30), and Multy X (WSQ50) are all independent systems, only the same models can connect. This means that Multy X can not be combined with a Multy M1, Multy U, and/or Multy Plus.

• MultyONR
    MultyONR Posts: 3
    First Comment

Hi, you aren't a zyxel tech, nor did you answer my question so please Do Not respond any further. Thanks.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 458  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hello @MultyONR

Thanks for your interested in our Multy products.

Regarding compatibility when working with another router/modem, both the Multy Plus and Multy M1 can be used as a standalone Wi-Fi system or as an extension to an existing router/modem. However, to establish a Mesh network, please kindly note to use the same model of Multy device. A Multy M1 extender cannot be used to build a Mesh network with a Multy Plus router. 

If you are considering replacing your Multy Plus with the Multy M1, it is important to consider your specific needs and your home/office structure. The Multy M1 may be a more affordable option for upgrading to WiFi 6, but it may not provide the same level of coverage as the Multy Plus due to differences in hardware specifications. 

If you have any further question, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Nami

Zyxel Nami

• MultyONR
    MultyONR Posts: 3
    First Comment

I see...well is there a more updated version of the multy plus system or a similar alternative? Thanks.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 458  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2023

Hello @MultyONR

In terms of a viable alternative, while there are still not migrated models from the Multy Plus, the Multy M1 can still be considered as an alternative, especially if you require faster speeds and better performance with WiFi 6. 

Alternatively, to help us provide a more personalized recommendation, please let us know more about your specific needs, such as the size and structure of your home/office, the number of end devices, and any other reasons for seeking an updated version of the Multy Plus. 

We hope this information is helpful in your decision-making process. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for assistance. 

Best Regards,

Nami

Zyxel Nami

Consumer Product Help Center