Should I trash it ?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 555  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @xav5822

To better understand the issue, could you please provide more details on how the LED light is blinking? There are different meanings with fast blinking and slow blinking between amber and green light. Fast blinking indicates that the device is booting up while slow blinking indicates that the device setting up connection with NCC.  

To learn more about the LED light descriptions, you may navigate to NCC >> Help Center >> Device LED Guide

Regarding the offline issue, it could be caused by various reasons such as network issues or configuration problems. To troubleshoot the issue, you may refer to the following forum link about what to do if your AP is offline on Nebula. 

Kay 

Kay

• xav5822
    xav5822 Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

The AP blinks orange/green at 1sec interval, but never gets beyond that point.

even tried ZON utility, which can not find the AP. On a mobile, I can connect to the AP's WIFI but Nebula tells me device is pozered off or network issue

I'm about to return the AP

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @xav5822

Could you please check if your AP is in the same subnet as your network adapter? It's important to select the correct network adapter when using the ZON utility to scan your network. Here's a forum that discusses ZON utility that you can refer to:
    How to use ZON to configure Zyxel device basic setting? — Zyxel Community 

Since your AP is showing slow blinking between orange/green, it means that the connection to your AP is still unsuccessful in setting up a connection with NCC. In most cases, it’s the TCP/UDP port being blocked by firewall or ISP, recommend you check the firewall policy. We also suggest replacing the DNS setting with the static IP address "8.8.8.8" for resolving all domains for Nebula. For detail information, please refer to this FAQ: 
    How to check the Cloud Control Status when AP is offline on Nebula? — Zyxel Community 

Additionally, to better understand your problem, please share the following information: 

1. What is the firmware version of your AP? 
    2. What is the powered mode for the AP? Power adapter or PoE? 
    3. Can you try accessing your AP's local GUI by IP address (if the ZON utility is unable to scan it, you can find the AP's IP address in your router's DHCP table)? If you can, please access the AP's local GUI and collect the AP's diagnostic file at Maintenance > Diagnostics > click "Collect Now". 

Kay 

Kay

• xav5822
    xav5822 Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

AP is powered by provided alim

ZON can't find it, whatever network adapter on the pc

DHCP server cant find it

can't get any ip from the AP

can only see the WIFI network but can't connect to it

i'm giving up, having spent too much time for a supposedly plug and play thing

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @xav5822

Based on your latest update, it seems your AP is abnormal. We recommend reaching out to your vendor to initiate the RMA process . Thank you for your patience and understanding. 😀 

Kay 

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks