Poor performance of NR7102

Options
2»

All Replies

• Matty1
    Matty1 Posts: 8
    First Comment
    Options

No, the Nighthawk is a Wifi router. I attached a brand new "TP-Link Pharos Serie CPE210 Outdoor WLAN Access Point" to the NR7102. Whatever the problem is: at this price I expect the product to work without having to involve customer support, who then do not even give any meaningful advice. They are just guessing. This is not acceptable. After all, the Nighthawk and my 3 years old Redmi phone do not need any tweaking, or pointing to the mm to the next cell tower on order to provide a speed of 200mbps (same SIM!). So why is Zyxel not able to match this?

• Matty1
    Matty1 Posts: 8
    First Comment
    Options

… By the way, I always used the router's internal speed test in the first place.

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 273  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

I get very slow speed with the internal speedtest compared too wifi speedtest and in the computer. With internal (air app) 80 down and 500 down with speedtest.

• bruteForce
    Options

Hi all! I ran into similar problems like you, having poor performance. First of all let me tell, that you really have to make sure that the antennas point exactly on the tower. I would not recommend the Zyxel Air app. You would prefer the interface of the router instead, because it gives you a 5 second readings renewal interval which is really convenient! I still cannot understand why the integrated WiFi module would not allow you to access WAN, because frankly speaking the in-app speedtest is really awful and you need to know the final result before completing the mast installation.

Anyways, after making sure you installed correctly there is nothing you can really do about it. Fiddling with the settings will give little result (for example messing with band/cell lock, CA, switching between LTE-A and 5G NSA). Better leave it as is. The performance will matter on ISP and daily traffic intensity. For example my speeds vary between 50mbps and 550mbps depending on the day of the week and the hour of the day. You may also notice that the SINR readings during late night and broad daylight vary a lot in urban environment. That says a lot in matter of performance.

I did multiple comparisons with my mobile device and after making sure I get the best possible readings for RSRQ, RSRP and SINR (even better than the phone) my speeds match 90% of the time those of the phone.

Consumer Product Help Center