NWA50AX - This device is managed by Nebula??

Options
Bellocarico
Bellocarico Posts: 15  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Can i please get some help with this one. I absolutely did not enable nebula and have always used my AP in standalone mode. Admittedly I didn't log in long time. Why am I seen this now? How can I login? I have no nebula account :-/

Have I been hacked or something?

All Replies

• tgl
    tgl Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

FWIW, I think the claim that "this device is managed by Nebula" can be ignored. I have a pair of NWA210AX's that are not, and never have been, Nebula-controlled. They run identical firmware versions and nearly identical configurations. Despite that, for a long time one of them claimed on its login web page that "This device is managed by Nebula", while the other did not. That didn't affect my ability to log into it. I'm not seeing that claim right now, so maybe the latest firmware version fixed it. Bottom line is that I don't think you should treat that notice as meaning anything. Look for other explanations, such as the time-honored one: are you sure you've got the right password?

If you really can't get into the thing, factory-reset it and reconfigure. I'd suggest updating to latest firmware while at it. IME Zyxel's last few releases for these devices have gotten steadily more stable.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 490  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @Bellocarico

Thank you for reaching out regarding the issue with your NWA50AX. To better assist you, please help us confirm if you can log in to the device's web GUI with your local username and password or not.

1. Successful Access:
      If you can log in successfully but still see the incorrect display, kindly please provide us with the following details via private message for further diagnosis:
      • MAC Address
      • Serial Number
      • Diagnostic file (Please see the FAQ of how to collect diagnostic info here)
    2. Failed Access:
      If you are unable to log in, you may need to reset the device or register it to Nebula, and then remove it from your Nebula Organization. After this, your AP should revert to Standalone mode with the default password "1234".

Please let us know the result of your login attempt so that we can proceed accordingly.

Zyxel Nami

• Bellocarico
    Options

I rebooted (twice!) it still gives me the Nebula nonsense warning at login. This time, luckily I managed to log-in despite the warning and see no reference to Nebula what so ever:

What is the issue please?

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @Bellocarico

Based on your description, it appears that the issue you're experiencing may be similar to a known symptom we've observed in other models. It happens due to the absence of a specific file that checks the Nebula status on the GUI login page. For more details, you can refer to this forum thread.

However, it's important to note that we cannot confirm the root cause without additional information from your device. To help us identify the issue more accurately, please provide the following details via private message:

• MAC Address
    • Serial Number
    • Diagnostic file

Thank you

Zyxel Nami

• Bellocarico
    Options

Can you just post here the instructions on how to recreate the missing file? Thanks.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Dear @Bellocarico

Regarding the known issue with other models, as provided in the related forum link above, it appears that a specific file was lost during the firmware upgrade, triggering the message 'managed by nebula' on your device. To resolve this, our internal department can remotely access the device to reset it, after reviewing and confirming the cause. This procedure is carried out by our internal department to ensure it doesn't lead to any other issues.

In case you prefer not to provide the information, our current workaround is resetting the device to bring it back to the correct login page.

Zyxel Nami